Bike
2002 BMW 1150 GS - Pacific Blue and Alpine White

Miles
110,823 and it'll go up a tiny amount.

Price
$5,000

Reason for selling
Buying a new MTB.

Portland, Oregon. Will be happy to facilitate a fly and ride, or would consider delivering (for the price of a flight) to the right place too.

Trades
Yes, why not? Try me. I could be interested in all sorts of things, including trading up or down for an older airhead, Triumph, Ural, or a cool daily driver (Landcruiser? G Wagen? Something else?). Definitely keen on a new GSA or SA and have cash to trade up. Also interested in a new, high-end mountain bike.

More details
I'm the second owner and have nearly all the service records. All work done on time or ahead of schedule.

Mechanically excellent
This bike is a strong runner and has given me ZERO problems. "Would ride it anywhere" as they say. Horn is currently disconnected, and gas gauge is funky. Otherwise, bike works as it should. The bike even has a 25K final drive on it. I did not experience a final drive failure, but put a new one on for preventative maintenance. Upgraded left side cam chain tensioner.

The bike has non-servo ABS. I've been getting about 45 miles per gallon.

Cosmetically very decent
I'm impressed with the low mile garage queens that pop up here. This bike isn't one of those, but it is cosmetically mostly quite decent. The biggest issue is a dent and scratches on the tank. The dent is hardly noticeable and actually sort of looks like it belongs on the tank. Seriously. The scratches aren't ideal, but they're barely visible from 10 feet away. No chipping. (This whole incident happened while the bike was parked! I had the tank nearly removed when a neighbor backed into the bike. I spent the insurance money on Ohlins and PM instead). I didn't prep the bike for these photos and with some detailing you could make it very nice.

Farkles:
  • Touratech Zega Pro pannier and top case (with quick release). All cases on one key, watertight, plenty of smashed bug guts. Includes Touratech Zega Pro table + legs, 2 liter fuel bottle / holder, double water/fuel bottle holder, and pannier top straps.

• Ohlins front and rear. Rear valved for a 190# rider with some gear. Front looks a little gummy so it might need a rebuild soon.

• Hella auxiliary lights

• Remus exhaust. Sounds great, could use a nice polish.

• Remus cat eliminator y-pipe.

• Touratech high seat. Works for my rear. Maybe your's too?

• Corbin heated pillion seat (not currently wired)

• Wunderlich peg lowering kit

• Wunderlich risers with quick adjust. Love this farkle.

• H-B (I think) engine guards

• Center stand skid plate by ??

• Tobinator installed on windscreen

• Metzler Karoo 3s with plenty of life left. Nice tire IMHO.

• BurnsMoto USB wired up, as well as a battery tender lead.

• Heated grips work great. Powerlet on side works great.

• Original tool kit mostly intact

2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.0.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg

Questions? Comments? Want more pics of something? Hit me up here, via PM or call / text 503.200.4200.

Thanks for reading!
Aaron Schmidt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz