Hello all, I am John (A.K.A. Uncle Fester) and I am in the market for a 4x4 to build into a Expedition style truck. I am going to look at a 1989 3/4 ton Suburban 4x4 with a 350 tai, TH400, 3.73 gears, 14 bolt full floater rear, and I am not sure what front axle (LOL) , no lift (yet) and 35" tires on H2 wheels. It is rust free and a 95% straight body, all for $2000.00 .
My plans for this, if I do get it are :
* 2" Add-A-Llift springs
* motor mods for more torque
* Detroit locker rear & ARB or electric locker front
* Buckstop front and custom rear bumpers
* Smittybuilt X-20 10K winch with synthetic line
* Custom 5'x7' roof rack
* custom stereo system
* various off road LED lights
* misc other things I have not thought of yet
The truck will be my daily driver as well as our Ghost towning, fishing, and camping rig. If anyone has other suggestions for my build, please speak up, all suggestions are welcome !