Intro for now

Uncle Fester

Hello all, I am John (A.K.A. Uncle Fester) and I am in the market for a 4x4 to build into a Expedition style truck. I am going to look at a 1989 3/4 ton Suburban 4x4 with a 350 tai, TH400, 3.73 gears, 14 bolt full floater rear, and I am not sure what front axle (LOL) , no lift (yet) and 35" tires on H2 wheels. It is rust free and a 95% straight body, all for $2000.00 .

My plans for this, if I do get it are :

* 2" Add-A-Llift springs

* motor mods for more torque

* Detroit locker rear & ARB or electric locker front

* Buckstop front and custom rear bumpers

* Smittybuilt X-20 10K winch with synthetic line

* Custom 5'x7' roof rack

* custom stereo system

* various off road LED lights

* misc other things I have not thought of yet

The truck will be my daily driver as well as our Ghost towning, fishing, and camping rig. If anyone has other suggestions for my build, please speak up, all suggestions are welcome !

Marine

Adventurer
Hell one will pop up. Had my eye on a 1997 12 valve, guy sold it. Now I'm rocking my Ford Escape again 150,000 and still kicking.

Uncle Fester

Well, one DID pop up....

I am now the proud owner of a 1995 Chevrolet Suburban 3/4 ton 4X4 with a TBI 454 and 4L80 automatic trans ! It is a bit rougher than the first one I was looking at, but this one only cost me $1500, so I saved a fair chunk of change that WILL go into the truck !

The plans will be the same as listed above.

Last edited:

Uncle Fester

Allow me to introduce "The Black Dawg"

**EDIT** The kids have renamed the suburban on me. . . . so allow me to reintroduce the "Desert Dawg".

01313_gmfOBzQE7kl_600x450.jpg

Last edited:

Uncle Fester

Well, just ordered up the first minor mod for the DAWG, some Pro Comp AT Sport tires in 265/75/16 , not as big as I want to go yet, but a start. They will be here on Thursday, and I will post a few pics of her with her new tires then. . . .

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Looking forward to seeing what you do with your new Dawg Uncle. Always nice with a suburban build to follow. Keep us posted with lots of pics. Cheers, Chilli..:)

Uncle Fester

I canceled the Procomp order and bought some 265/75/16 BFG All Terrain KO2s instead. A good tire in my opinion, and I got them cheaper, so that is what is on Dawg now.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-16 at 3.56.11 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-03-16 at 3.56.11 AM.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 6

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles