Wolverine maintenance thread

gxgn

Observer
Whiskery falls-15.jpg
Whiskery falls-21.jpeg
Whiskery falls-27.jpg
Whiskery falls-28.jpeg

I think I finally finished getting the rig in shape (except some oil burn issue). Today Dante & Fabrizio, the same gentlemen that swapped the front end parts have replaced the worn transmission mount - it made quite a difference, the car rides now very smooth. If yours has a slight vibration check out the transmission mount, it's not an expensive part and not hard to swap.
If you need an honest mechanic with good rates give Dante a call, 949 467 zero three zero four.

Last week I went with the Land Ops guys in Sierra National Park, great group of guys and very knowledgeable of ham radio.

gxgn

Observer
The Wolverine continues to evolve and get in better shape. New Aisin hubs plus re-gearing to 4.63 thanks to Ty, made it much smoother, faster, quieter ... yes it can speed over the mountain passes now.
In addition I've built a platform bed/storage so now it's getting closer to an overland rig.

92680441-C194-474A-ABC4-908FA71A61F9.jpeg
85259316-A52B-455C-BD88-3829490C777F.jpeg
60607D94-D90D-4AC1-AC34-E761D82FD0E8.jpeg
1371C85B-9570-4A3A-B0B6-71EE56B1A723.jpeg
DFFC8E10-2ACC-472A-AC09-B6EB0116B57A.jpeg

Swift_45a

Observer
Meeting woods and tyty13 - great guys who helped me with the shifter and breaks. The shifter I got on this forum had a different plate, you need to make sure you swap the plate too if it's different shape.I cannot figure out how to insure images in portrait orientation.

View attachment 387773View attachment 387774

Nice looking rig, how did she fare in the PNW in terms of rust?

We SoCal guys need to have tech day sometime, is the oil burn the valve stem seals? Is that ARB modded from another chassis?

gxgn

Observer
No rust, only 2 years in PNW. Yes, the valve stem seal is the last thing left to do. The ARB is modified from a Tacoma, I bought it like that. Eric, a guy on this forum had the car and did he most of the heavy stuff.
I'm up for a meeting anytime.

Swift_45a

Observer
Glad to hear it, the only problem is I'm in CO most of the year due to work. But we should all hang out when I get in town. I just saw another SoCal guy, obetski, got a 95 SR, too.

I see about 1-2 monteros a month if I'm lucky these days. And most are just worn rusty beaters passing by in a sea of Subarus, although I saw a 1 gen at whole foods with 300k on the clock according to the owner.

gxgn

Observer
575DD7D2-7051-487B-911A-7BB026ECC956.jpegLast piece of maintenance done - the valve seals. The Wolverine is up for sale, it is replaced by a LC200. Thank you all who post here, the Mitsu is a really good community, a lot to learn and experiment without having to pay the penalty of LC.
However, I always wanted a LC and now I finally found the one I could afford.

arrrgh
anothrer lost to the dark side.
the side of poor fuel mileage
expensive parts
intolerant dealer parts guys (mitsu guys are really nice ive found)
and look alike rigs

ah its all for the best i guess as the mitsu will fall into the hands of someone who will suddenly find themselves with a very fine well maintained rig in their hands .....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles