Anyone have a Trail Kitchens Compact?

SnoViking

Adventurer
That looks pretty sharp! (I have not seen the Trail Kitchens before)

I'm curious what the inside looks like. I can't seem to find any pictures of the internals or how they pack all the stuff shown in the pictures.

Sub'd.

TrailKitchens

Trail Kitchens Compact Camp Kitchen - What fits inside?

Hi Folks:

Here is a sample list of what will fit inside a Trail Kitchens Compact model. When we designed this unit we started with a complete set of collapsible and nesting kitchen gear and then specified the dimensions of the storage box. Here is a photo of the inside of the unit packed up. (The roll up utensil kit stores in the front of the unit behind the door and the Cook set is behind the insulated mugs) Feel free to call us with any questions. You are always welcome to stop by the production facility as well.

DSC_0048 Compact - storage packed-1280.jpg

Camp Chef Teton 2 burner stove
GSI – Pinnacle Base Camper Large - (2 unit Pot set ( 3 litre + 5 litre ) plus 9" pan)
GSI - Collapsible toaster
10" Pinnacle Frying pan with folding handle and non - stick surface
Pivot Spatula, Pivot Spoon, Pivot Tongs (1 each)
Infinity Backpacking Mug - Insulated (4 each, color coded)
Cascadian Bowl 6.40'' x 1.70'' (6 each, color coded)
Cascadian Plate 9.5" (4 each, color coded)
Frontrunner Fold up utensil holder with eating utensils for 4, plus Kitchen Utensils, Knives etc.
Collapsible Java Drip
Chopping Mats - Set of 6
2 gallon Collapsible tubs - Qty 2 (Dish washing)

TrailKitchens

What fits inside

That is what fits inside. The Compact Unit ships empty. The kitchen gear listed is about $450.00 in total and can be found on the website as well.

SnoViking

Adventurer
They have a short video that shows how it is all done. I hadn't heard of them before this post and their stuff looks pretty good. Company is in Truckee, CA only a couple hours away from me - maybe a day-trip and will report back.

https://trailkitchens.com/blogs/trail-kitchens/trail-kitchens-quick-and-easy-workstation-setup

Awesome!

Thanks for the link!

That is what fits inside. The Compact Unit ships empty. The kitchen gear listed is about $450.00 in total and can be found on the website as well.

Thanks for the info. It's nice to see a company chime in and answer customer questions. (I'm pleasantly surprised to see your response on here :wings: )

kriegersa

Best part about this is its actually reasonably priced.

:wings:

I understand the "pay to play" or the "you get what you pay for" aspect especially when your out camping/overlanding for weeks on end.

However for many of us weekend warriors that want to explore the outdoors its rather difficult finding high quality, and downright smart products that dont cost a ridiculous amount of money that the professionals use.

I will be looking more and more into this setup as I think its really smart and easy way to store all the camping needs. Thanks for sharing this!

dcg141

Adventurer
I have one of the fold out kitchens that you get from any number of outdoor suppliers. Got mine form Gander Mountain but I have seem the same thing from other places. Its not bad and I have had if for quite awhile but its not very space efficient. I have been looking for an alternative and I'm pretty sure this is going to be what I get. I have been replacing some of my older gear and passing it onto my son.

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Looks,cool but operationally that thing takes up a ton of room and looks complicated to set up. I can see lunches and quick overnight stops becoming a pita. Since all your plates and utensiles are burried inside of it. And with being stored the way they show it there is no access unles you remove it from the vehicle. Looks cool but not convenient.

dcg141

Adventurer
Outside of drawers and custom made slide out kitchens none that I have seen set up quickly. The one I have now does not and it has zero storage. There is actually not a lot out there wo building your own or buying a several thousand $$ system.

SnoViking

Adventurer
$499 Dauuuuumn (Movie Friday Voice)

Is it just me or is "camping" getting $$$ and trendy?

c42a465e86cad4b95219ba80496d5121.jpg

Kerensky97

Xterra101
Looks,cool but operationally that thing takes up a ton of room and looks complicated to set up. I can see lunches and quick overnight stops becoming a pita. Since all your plates and utensiles are burried inside of it. And with being stored the way they show it there is no access unles you remove it from the vehicle. Looks cool but not convenient.
I think that all comes to how you pack it. Personally I prefer old Coleman white gas stoves that I'd be packing outside the kitchen anyway. So by taking out their stove you free up space to customize and repack so that "lunch gear" is near the door and you can pull it out without setting up the whole thing. Then just pack it in back of your rig with the door facing the tailgate and it can be convenient access when you don't need a full cooking setup.

I'm actually really tempted between this and the full size one. I like the drawer of the full size but don't want the larger overall size. I could probably find a small Tupperware container to act as a loose drawer if it was loaded without the stove.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles