ARB Fridge cord replacement

SameGuy

Observer
I am looking for another 12 volt power cord for my newer ARB 63qt fridge so I can use an anderson connector with it when it is in my truck. I don't want to cut up the original cord since I use the cig lighter plug in my camper. I see them on amazon but they are rather expensive. Wondering if anyone knows the name of the connection, if it is an off the shelf connector or proprietary ARB plug.

chand-o

I spent quite a while last year trying to find out what the plug is as i was offered one with out the leads. It was a Waeco model but I'm sure someone has said Waeco build ARB (It looks the same from the images). Anyway I gave up as I had tried electronics forums and manufacturers in China etc. I suspect it's a plug of their own design which is probably patented hence why it cant be found online.

joelbert

Adventurer
I am looking for another 12 volt power cord for my newer ARB 63qt fridge so I can use an anderson connector with it when it is in my truck. I don't want to cut up the original cord since I use the cig lighter plug in my camper. I see them on amazon but they are rather expensive. Wondering if anyone knows the name of the connection, if it is an off the shelf connector or proprietary ARB plug.

====start====
I have a ARB fridge freezer 50QT 10800472.

from ARB Tech <tech @ arbusa.com>

The dc cord is p# 10910076 and lists for $22.00. It can be ordered through 4 Wheel Parts or most 4x4 shops.

ARB Tech Department

(425) 264-2001
(888) 427-2872

tech @ arbusa.com

ARB USA
4810 D ST. NW. Suite103
AUBURN, WA. 98001-2466
====end=====

pdxfrogdog

Adventurer

Here's one that is ready to go with a 50A anderson connector. It's stupid expensive, but looks like good quality:
http://absolute-wits-end.com/anderson-sb50-dc-power-cable-for-arb-engel-2-pin/

Pinnacle Campers

Chateau spotter
I'm still looking for a fridge cord that is coiled, so it lengthens and shortens for obvious reasons.
Or a receptacle for the fridge side that is serviceable and can be put on my provided cord.

I see the $75 one above is no longer available.

Last edited:

rlynch356

Defyota
On the truck side I would install an Anderson connector (or SAE plug) then on the cig side I would do the same thing use good quality crimp connectors and heat shrink it it... done .. honestly I would install the ARB plug in both and throw the cig connector in the side pocket of the fridge blanket cover which is what I did

To keep it out of the way of a slide I use 2 zip ties and bungee with the bungee anchored UP this pulls the cord out of the slides way
Hope that makes sense

lathamb

Observer
I got a replacement cord for my Norcold fridge (same as engle) from Cruiser Outfitters and did what you are talking about. Looks like they have ARB cords cheap.

NLXTACY

I'm still looking for a fridge cord that is coiled, so it lengthens and shortens for obvious reasons.
Or a receptacle for the fridge side that is serviceable and can be put on my provided cord.

I see the $75 one above is no longer available.

The coil wires themselves are in route and ready to be assembled again. Each one is hand made at order time.

Pinnacle Campers

Chateau spotter
The coil wires themselves are in route and ready to be assembled again. Each one is hand made at order time.

Are you the one making these? Or did you inquire? I'm thinking I can just make up my own for less than $75. That doesn't look like a serviceable plug end and instead just a pig tail spliced to the coiled cord. I guess the splice is at least one thing I hoped to avoid for $75

jeegro

Adventurer
That large anderson connector seems like overkill for a fridge. For my Dometic fridge, I chopped off the cig lighter, installed a regular APP connector on it, and did the same for the power cord, so I can use either the cig or APP.

NLXTACY

Are you the one making these? Or did you inquire? I'm thinking I can just make up my own for less than $75. That doesn't look like a serviceable plug end and instead just a pig tail spliced to the coiled cord. I guess the splice is at least one thing I hoped to avoid for $75

I am the one making these. Here is the breakdown:

&#8226; Coiled cord $22
&#8226; ARB cord $22, Engel cord $28
&#8226; Anderson connectors, pins, pull $20
&#8226; PET sleaving and adhesive lined heat shrink $1.50

So I am over charging by a whopping...$10 for my labor, Woohoo! I'm rich! :wings:

I understand wanting to avoid the splices but I'm not paying $2300 for tooling so you can have it all one piece ;)

Kalisaya Power

Supporting Sponsor
Hey

The KaliPAK can power the ARB Fridge using power from the sun! It comes with an included Car lighter adaptor also..

Check out the site kalisayapower.com

Let me know if you think its worth it

have a great day

rayra

Expedition Leader
The simple / direct solution is cut your cord close to the cig plug and add Anderson connectors to the cut ends. Turn the cig plu into an adapter. Put it on when you need it, remove it when you dont. Why have two different cords (besides redundancy). Make the cord serve both connection types.

I don't seem to have a clear picture of such a thing handy right now. I put together a support kit for my mobile ham handheld. I made a variety of connector adapters so I could basically hook it up to any 12VDC power source. Jumper clamps, 12 socket and plur, APP connections, basically like a travel kit, I can mix and match parts to power the radio or the battery charger stand just about any way

hamkit_zpsr8mjspit.jpg

DanCooper

Adventurer
"The simple / direct solution is cut your cord close to the cig plug and add Anderson connectors to the cut ends. Turn the cig plu into an adapter. Put it on when you need it, remove it when you dont. Why have two different cords (besides redundancy). Make the cord serve both connection types."

Good crisp thinking. I would do this (have done something similar on my fridge, not an ARB).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior