05-07 4m50 egr blocking plates

boostin

Adventurer
Hey guys

Egr blocking plates should be ready to go next week. I have two options available

1st full kit, two 1/4" thick plates to cap off each end of the egr cross over pipe and new bolts and nuts, $60usd shipped in North America

2nd a 1/16" block off plate that fits between the cross over pipe on the egr cooler side so it "appears" you still have working egr, with new bolts and nuts $45 usd shipped in both America.

International shipping avail

Please e mail miketeierle@gmail.com

Thanks

Last edited:

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Hey guys

Egr blocking plates should be ready to go next week. I have two options available

1st full kit, two 1/4" thick plates to cap off each end of the egr cross over pipe and new bolts and nuts, $50usd shipped in North America

2nd a 1/16" block off plate that fits between the cross over pipe on the egr cooler side so it "appears" you still have working egr, with new bolts and nuts $35 usd shipped in both America.

International shipping avail

Please e mail miketeierle@gmail.com

Thanks

I did this myself and have had no issues. I did the full delete because, well, less stuff to fail. Thanks to boostin for putting the kits together.

boostin

Adventurer
I just did mine, zero road time, but so far the bad studder...chugging and smoke at mid throttle are gone! A true miracle in my case.

But blocking the egr can reduce soot, engine temperature, and carbon build up as well improve turbo spool, mpg, and power.

boostin

Adventurer
I can't think of a single disadvantage personally.

Full delete gets rid of the cross over tube, depends if you need to get your vehicle commercially inspected they might not like you have removed emissions equipment.

But I believe in most people's cases it won't be a problem, my truck is for work, and needs to be inspected so I did the cheater one where you leave the pipe there.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
I can't think of a single disadvantage personally.

Full delete gets rid of the cross over tube, depends if you need to get your vehicle commercially inspected they might not like you have removed emissions equipment.

But I believe in most people's cases it won't be a problem, my truck is for work, and needs to be inspected so I did the cheater one where you leave the pipe there.

Yeah, keeping everything intact in case of inspection for commercial use is worth considering (especially in places like California). My Fuso is reclassified as an RV / permanently converted so not such a big concern.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
Can anyone give an impression of their Fuso with this kit installed?

I think that I mentioned this previously, but I did not notice any difference in power, but theoretically there should be some grunt with this modification.The only real way to prove/disprove this is to do a before and after on a dyno, which I did not do.
Most of the other benefits are internal to the engine; cooler air going into the combustion chamber, no carbon build-up in the intake manifold, less contaminates going into the engine oil and the like.

boostin

Adventurer
I don't have much time on mine, I did notice a problem, but I think I had some egr problems starting to creep up.

EAB

Observer
Boostin,
I am going to install a set on my truck in the next month or so. What problem were you seeing just in case it is related? Did you leave the valve and controller in place and just block the exhaust passage?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles