05-07 4m50 egr blocking plates

boostin

Adventurer
Boostin,
I am going to install a set on my truck in the next month or so. What problem were you seeing just in case it is related? Did you leave the valve and controller in place and just block the exhaust passage?

Mine was having a hesitation mid throttle, lots of blue smoke, and no power.

The kit is designed to replace the cross over, so the valve stays in its place, it still operates, just since the pipe is gone the exhaust is not routed to the intake any more

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
I am going to install a set on my truck in the next month or so.

Just remember... if you remove the EGR cross-over pipe completely it is very obvious that you have made a modification to the emissions system.
If you have concerns about your truck being inspected, using a thinner (1/8" - 3mm) blanking plate at the exhaust manifold end of the cross-over pipe is probably a better option, as that modification is quite innocuous.

Amesz00

Adventurer
Had mine blocked for around 6 months, seen no difference in performance. Fuel consumption has gone up, I think that's a combination of egr and remap, mainly due to the tiny turbo. But no black sooty crap going through the intake anymore. At least now I can sell a turbo upgrade as fuel saving measures to the wife lol

boostin

Adventurer
Had mine blocked for around 6 months, seen no difference in performance. Fuel consumption has gone up, I think that's a combination of egr and remap, mainly due to the tiny turbo. But no black sooty crap going through the intake anymore. At least now I can sell a turbo upgrade as fuel saving measures to the wife lol

I have a adapter for mounting dsm flanged turbo if interested, I am running a evo3 turbo on mine

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles