GPS Receivers

Ripper

Adventurer
Looking for a GPS Receiver to pair with an Ipad. I know there are several out there. But every time I try and searching to find out what will work best for me my head begins to spin. Granted I know only I will know what will work best for me. But I just need something to use with a new iPad and most likely Gaia or HEMA that isnt failure prone and works consistently in heavy tree cover and down in canyons.

Thanks

Kinger

Observer
I just picked up a Garmin GLO for my iPad. I haven't put any real hours on it yet (I will on Sunday) but in a my few tests around town it worked very well. I was using it with Avenza maps for the record. The resolution/accuracy seems very good so far but we'll see how it fares with a little tree cover on Sunday.

I looked at several myself as well but the off-brand GPS units all seemed a bit hit or miss so I just stuck with Garmin.

Dblack

Observer
I've used a garmin glo for about a year with my mini iPad/hema maps. Works great. Haven't seen any outages in heavy trees or canyons.

bigskypylot

Explorer
I've been trying to decide on the Dual 160, GLO or BadElf, will be watching this. Good to hear some good feedback on the GLO and Dual as I've heardone mixed reviews

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles