2001 Ford F550 4x4 Custom built expedition camper

Nomadic52

Observer
This was build up on the truck base as a new 2001 F550 4x4 in '01. Original build cost $235,000 and was built for an around the world expedition. Owner changes his plans. It's been on some off road trips in North America but mostly on road miles.
-50,000 miles, runs perfect
-automatic transmission with oversize cooler
-22.5 Alcoa wheels converted from dually to single rear wheels with new Hancook tires
-dual Rancho shocks
-Airlift air bags in rear
-ARB AIR front lockers
-Bushmaster fender flares
-custom aluminum flatbed with several storage cabinets
-Webasto diesel heater
-3 radiator fans
-700 watts solar on roof
-150 gal stainless steel custom built water tank in place of back seat with storage shelving over
-200 gal of fuel capacity in 2 aux tanks and in main tank
-custom Alaskan flatbed camper with all white laminate interior in perfect shape
-2 burner propane stove with 2-20 gal tanks
-3000 watt Xantrex inverter
-Sunfrost refrigerator AC/DC
- batteries : 6 gel batteries
-Echo Xantrex battery transfer
-2 Fantastic vent fans
-heavy steel rear bumper with winch
-new sand anchor
-rear motorcycle carrier
-air conditioner
-all dual pane Windows
In excellent condition and ready to travel.
$68,500
Call 720-560-1178 Mark image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Does anyone know where the truck is located? Header information has poster in Oregon but phone number is a Denver area code.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
NP. I never miss a built F-series :sombrero:

And the second thread seems pretty typical for folks looking to sell rigs that are not normal active forum members.

They simply arnt interested in spending the time to dig for their original post.

Second (or third) (or fourth) also adds hits/exposure.

It is what it is, I dont fault them for it. Afterall, somebody might wind up with a new super cool rig :)

soundpony

Adventurer
Just spoke to owner Randy's friend Mark in SLO CA on way to Oregon. He said it had a cassette toilet system that was removed for storage, no indoor shower enclosure.

Fascinating rig for sure, super beast, obviously that is the 7.3L power stroke with way low miles.

CW

Keyne

Adventurer
Very nice. Wondering why the Original cost was so high. Are there more details missing from the ad?

Nomadic52

Observer
Sorry for being away for so long on this thread. I have been away most of the winter in AZ and just returned home and we had to move our home from Bend to Redmond so life's been a bit crazy.
I posted it for my friend Randy the owner who lives in Calgary and was in Baja and out of touch for most of the winter. I live in Bend Oregon and have posted on expo on occasion and my cell phone number is from when I lived in Colorado for many years and saw no reason to change numbers when I moved like many folks.
The initial cost was as I said $235,000 for the build because many things were custom made at pretty high cost to Randy. This was intended to go around the world in very remote locations and he spared no expense in doing it the right way. Doing a build like this in 2017 dollars would be far more pricey and you'd be challenged for $68,000 to put together even a flatbed Four Wheel Camper on an aluminum bed equipped used 4x4 diesel Dodge 2500 for that amount and it still wouldn't have anywhere close to the features this has. I saw it when we camped with Randy this past December at Furnace Creek in Death Valley and it still is in excellent condition. If you're looking for something that will go where I would be very reluctant to take an Earthroamer for a fraction of the price, this is a bargain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior