Isuzu Trooper purchase, 99' w/ just over 100k

bshillam

Observer
Well I really was on the look out for a Toyota LC however I kept coming across high mileage and three to four times what I paid for my Trooper. So I figured for what I would have spent on a stock LC I can completely outfit the Trooper. Lift, tires, ARB bull bumper, winch, lockers, rack, etc for actually less than what the LC was. So - I hit the buy it now button and purchased this one.

Attachments

• Used-1999-Isuzu-Trooper-S-ID796451118.jpeg
    Used-1999-Isuzu-Trooper-S-ID796451118.jpeg
    116.4 KB · Views: 39
  • Used-1999-Isuzu-Trooper-S-ID796451103.jpeg
    Used-1999-Isuzu-Trooper-S-ID796451103.jpeg
    153.8 KB · Views: 47
  • Used-1999-Isuzu-Trooper-S-ID796451109.jpeg
    Used-1999-Isuzu-Trooper-S-ID796451109.jpeg
    127.5 KB · Views: 33

82DATSUN4X4

Better hope the transmission has been regularly serviced. The automatic is the one weak link for the troopers. A 5speed is the way to go..

that's usually when the transmission fails, right after the fluid change, whatever you do, don't flush it, drop a few quarts, replace it with fresh fluid, drive it, repeat it in a month or so

(none)

Adventurer
Just drive the damn thing and fix it if it breaks. I've got a 98 with just shy of 190k miles. Burns oil like gas, but other than that, i can't complain. I purchased it with around 183-4k and did the trans filter and top off. The fluid coming out didn't look too bad. It shifts ok, no better or worse from when i did it, ill do another just drain and fill at the next oil change. Replacing the timing belt is the next task, no idea when it was done. Then front axles...

The troopers really are a good bargin, as they are forgotten about. Check the plate under the hood for the limited slip rear diff option, G80 means limited slip, G60 is open diff.

a flush is going to dislodge sediments that the the filter didn't catch, these in turn will cause all kinds of havoc in the transmission, best bet is to do smaller fluid changes every 10k miles, making sure you change the filter with a quality filter, and you will be alright, troopers are great, I've just bought me a Brand new tacoma and I find myself driving my 99 trooper almost everyday, they are tanks, take care of it, check the oil every time you gas up and it will last you for a very long time.

bshillam

Observer
Maybe someone here can help w/ locating a part I need. Its missing the gas pedal pad. Funny I think to myself, no big deal I'll just hit the buy it now button. Yeah right. I'd even be ok w/ a generic universal but it appears they all need the pad to mount to. Anyone know the part or where I might be able to pick it up?

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
You could try JLEMOND (Jerry Lemond) on Planet Isuzoo forum, he deals a lot of OEM parts. Or try car-part.com to search salvage yards, probably won't be able to search for that but you might find a yard near you that is selling Trooper parts so they might have it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior