Exhaust Reroute with Pelfreybuit Skids ??

millerfish

Adventurer
I picked up a set of Pelfreybuilt skids and now I need to figure out the exhaust. The way the T-Case skid is designed it looks like there is no room to run the exhaust aft of the T-Case. So I'm wondering what folks are doing. I could leave it in the stock location and just tuck it up higher but that puts it pretty close to the t-case and u joint. Any input would be appreciated.

millerfish

Adventurer
I have been looking around and not finding that much specifically on the pelfrey skids. The aft end of the skid angles up all the way to the frame not leaving much room...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    67.9 KB · Views: 36

justrom

Adventurer
I assume that you've test fit it and there is some interference? I have a Pelfrey transfer case skid on my '13 truck, looks exactly like the one in your picture. It fits perfectly with no modification to the exhaust system. The "pocket" visible at the front of the skid in the picture (with three welds) provides protection for the low hanging exhaust crossover. The rest of the pipe coming out to the muffler sits above the frame rail and passes out through the notch visible in the back right of the skid in your picture. No interference or contact between the exhaust pipe and the skid on my truck.

Last edited:

Scott B.

SE Expedition Society
I cut a new relief in my skid to clear the new exhaust.

There are pictures of it in my build thread (I would link it for you, but am at work.)

millerfish

Adventurer
Thanks 40tude that is what I was looking for! I opted for the skid without the pocket for the exhaust to maintain as much ground clearance as possible.

millerfish

Adventurer
Finally got the exhaust done. Went to Lous Muffler in Hawaiian Gardens. This guy is good! You know your at the right place when there is several pristine classics and hot rods being worked on... He cut out all the 1-3/4 and replaced it with 2-1/2 made a proper Y pipe and its all tucked up higher than the frame rails. Definatlly less restriction with this setup compared to factory.

IMG_20170325_131002.jpg

IMG_20170325_131049.jpg

IMG_20170325_131022.jpg

millerfish

Adventurer
I just don't remember how much it was. At the time I was thinking it was a good deal compared to a couple places I talked to.
For the heat shield. I added the two pieces of square tube and the angle to attach it. Before it sat under the the trans now its flipped 90deg and sits behind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior