CL: 1988 Toyota Land Cruiser BJ75 Station-Wagon with Camper Box on Chassis - $13500

brp

Observer
00R0R_bJzcHdE3VgU_600x450.jpg

https://tucson.craigslist.org/rvs/5999873381.html

cleansweep

Observer
I've noticed this vehicle for sale in various venues for awhile and am surprised nobody has jumped on it. It looks like a great opportunity for someone IMO....

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Nice but that is gonna be one slow rig on the highway getting to cool places....
I had a troopy with the 1HZ non turbo and she was a dog in the hills.
Neat rig for 2 people if someone will tackle the import paperwork.

cleansweep

Observer
According to the ad the some of import paperwork has already been done"Vehicle*registered in France but*has been imported into the US (obtained a 7501 form).* The buyer is responsible for*registering the vehicle in his or her state/country."
Nice but that is gonna be one slow rig on the highway getting to cool places....
I had a troopy with the 1HZ non turbo and she was a dog in the hills.
Neat rig for 2 people if someone will tackle the import paperwork.

Last edited:

plh

Explorer
Doesn't seam that far out of line except for the nearly 400K miles. Anybody look at this? Hack job or?

cleansweep

Observer
90 HP and 160 lbs torque.......doesn't sound too horrible to me.......That's probably only a slightly worse power/weight ratio than my 14,000 lb Ambulance Rig with a 7.3 Powerstroke.

zimm

Expedition Leader
lol. mountain passes (grade and elevation) without a turbo, and 90hp at sea level. you may want to look into the power band on a 3b. i drove a bj40 once and i thought it was broken, and thats only 60% of the weight of this. It'll be like owning a rig made for military convoy speed. it needs a turbo kit.

have at it brother. i just hope thats ton and not tonne.

cleansweep

Observer
I'm not suggesting that it would be everyone's cup of tea by any means. However, I have run into similar rigs in my travels in South America/Africa/Asia/Oceania and can tell you that they are rugged and dependable beasts. I probably wouldn't want one if I was doing exclusively (or a lot for that matter) highway driving in North America or even Europe. However; for developing world travel or simply secondary and offroad travel this rig would be hard to beat for the price (Assuming it is in the condition as advertised)
I have no relation to the seller whatsoever btw.....But if I was in the market for a capable vehicle for world travel and had roughly $20K budget I would give this rig a serious look. (Purchase price plus $6K to sort through systems and personalize)
I have imported a few vehicles into the USA(both 25+ years old and "Grey Market" High end vehicles) and will tell anyone that it can be a time consuming endeavor if things are not done properly. I am by no means vouching for the status of this vehicle ..........but if the seller is true to his word the process has been initiated correctly.
Just sayin'................Just my opinion........Clearly there are as many opinions as there are a*****les..................

Hi everyone!

Owner of said Toyota here. I don't know why but I never received any of this conversation to my email so I thought no one was interested. OOPS!

That being said, the vehicle is sold. New owner picked her up last week. Sorry for not joining in on the chat!

Bruno and Brittany

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94