2013 Tundra "Clifford" Entirely possibly overboard

eaneumann

Adventurer
Nice build! How do you feel about the bumper after having it awhile? I'm looking at buying an ARB. Do you know how much it weighs? I really like the black and red.

Dblack

Observer
Nice build! How do you feel about the bumper after having it awhile? I'm looking at buying an ARB. Do you know how much it weighs? I really like the black and red.

Thank you.

I don't know what it weighs. Looked around the ARB website and couldn't find the weight there either. If I had to guess I'd say 350lbs give or take. It's hefty.
I like that it's rated for use with the airbags. That was a big selling feature for me. Some days I like the looks of a smaller profile but... I could never find one I liked as much as the ARB, and this one is... Distinct. So I'll keep it.

Dalko43

Explorer
That Tundra looks awesome. I really like how you have the RTT sitting below or just about even with the roofline. If and when I get a pickup, that's exactly how i would mount a RTT, nice and low. Do you have some sort of top or cap over the bed itself to keep the dirt and mud out?

Dblack

Observer
Do you have some sort of top or cap over the bed itself to keep the dirt and mud out?

Thanks. I like the mounting too. No driving wind or rain hitting it, and no wind noise. The RTT is mounted on top of a diamond back truck cover, you can sort of see it here, or check out their website.

For the record, that's not my gorgeous house on a hillside with a boat in the driveway. But that is my Barbie luggage.

Photo 2015-07-27, 9 13 02 AM.jpg

Dblack

Observer
Tying out the winter tires today. Fresh March snow!

be0a8977b3eea0826c9521bd52f49f8a.jpg

53eced064e65a8e57ac992ed55b229ac.jpg

cdthiker

Meandering Idaho
Tundra looks awesome. Not over done. The ARB looks good on the tundras. On some of the Tacos it just comes off as too big. Not so on this truck. Strong work. The Plasti Dip on the hood is also a nice touch. Make the truck stand out.

How many miles you have on the rig now ? Perhaps one of these days I will replace my Tacoma with a Tundra if the boss ever gives her approval. I suspect I will have to replace her car first before I get another new rig!

Dblack

Observer
Thanks. I have about 76,000Km (48k miles) on it now. Just getting broken in.

So many builds so little time. I have my eyes on a potential new build too.

Dblack

Observer
The geographic center of Alberta is north of Fort Assiniboine, AB 23km give or take, and 3 km or so west into the bush off the Grizzly Highway. I had heard that there's a plaque, and it's not easy to get to in a truck... Sounds like fun to me. I know it's pretty muddy in the summer so I figured I'd better do it in the spring before the thaw.

I loaded up the Black expedition crew (A couple of brothers, my oldest boy and a dog) and headed out last Sunday.

Route Map:
Center route.jpg

Immediately we ran into some dead fall, but I was prepared. Just send a brother out with a chainsaw, and the tress start falling!
COA 1.jpg
We got through the first 2 or 3 large trees slowly, but it opened up after that. Even saw the odd sign that showed we're on the right path.
COA 2.jpg

A little bit more clearing. Safety first!
COA 3.jpg
Wide open for a ways
COA 4.jpg
COA 5.jpg
Took about an hour and a half to get into the center where we found the grizzly statue. I swear Ken Kowalski has his name on 90% of the provincial landmarks in the country.
COA 6.jpg
COA 7.jpg
And on the base a cast of a grizzly paw.
COA 8.jpg
Saw some other bear sign on the way out. Looks like bear/s had been climbing a group of trees close to the trail. Maybe the view is better up there.
COA 9.jpg

Dblack

Observer
Also went down to see the Morse river, where it hits the Freeman River.
COA 10.jpg
COA 11.jpg
COA 12.jpg
COA 13.jpg
After that headed into Fort Assiniboine to see the giant wagon wheel and pick axe. I was hoping to see a big dirty hoe, but no luck.
COA 14.jpg
The crew!
COA 15.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94