Away We Winnebago

ssichler

Adventurer
Kofa National Wildlife Reserve, Arizona

Kofa National Wildlife Reserve was a highlight for us this winter. Located in between Quartzsite and Yuma in Arizona, it's a huge area perfect for off road exploring and camping.

We spent two weeks camped off Palm Canyon Road and I don't think we even scratched the surface of things to see.

Even our dog enjoyed exploring.

Although we had to watch out for these guys.

We had perfect desert winter weather. Our two solar panels sufficed for most of our electrical needs. We even enjoyed over the air HD reception of the Superbowl although who needs TV when you have campfires and the stars.

And amazing sunsets.

CaliNative

It's great you guys have left the concrete jungle and are on the road young and travelling in style. Those are some beautiful pictures you're taking . Is there a write-up somewhere on your camera gear? Thanks for sharing !

ssichler

Adventurer
It's great you guys have left the concrete jungle and are on the road young and travelling in style. Those are some beautiful pictures you're taking . Is there a write-up somewhere on your camera gear? Thanks for sharing !

Thanks. We are loving life on the road.

Photo gear:
Canon 6D with 24-105 L and Ronkin 14mm f/2.8 for night shots
Sony A6000
GoPro Hero 5 Black

umpqua

Observer
Thanks for the report. Oh yeah, I remember those two days it didn't rain here in Oregon. The wettest winter I can "ever" remember. Looking out my office window at a driving rain at this moment. I could use some Baja RIGHT. NOW.
And there was also the Oregon Coast...

It even stopped raining for a couple of days at least to enjoy the beach.

We headed up to Washington and enjoyed the Northern Cascades outside of Leavenworth.

Boondocked (aka free camped) outside of Twisp.

Camped at North Cascades National Park.

Went to La Conner on the Sound and had some great weather and sunsets.

Paddled some...

Headed back to Oregon for a beautiful but short fall. Clear Lake and the Mckenzie River was probably a highlight. Watching our Ducks get shellacked by Huskies at Autzen was definitely a lowlight.

Sunset at Clear Lake.

Stargazing.

Waterfalls on the McKenzie River.

Great wine and vineyards in the Willamette Valley.

We headed back to Oregon Coast with plans to leisurely travel south for the winter.

But then October turned into Raintober with atmospheric river storms lashing The Bago.

ssichler

Adventurer
Thanks for the report. Oh yeah, I remember those two days it didn't rain here in Oregon. The wettest winter I can "ever" remember. Looking out my office window at a driving rain at this moment. I could use some Baja RIGHT. NOW.

Thanks Umpqua. I feel ya on the wet weather. Baja does not suck.

ssichler

Adventurer
Baja - I just can't quit you

We originally planned a quick dip of the toe into Baja for two weeks but who can leave this?

We couldn't come up with a reason to leave so we stayed.

Baja continued to amaze.

And then the circus came to town - the San Felipe 250 Score offroad race. Our Mexican host assured us we had to stay for the biggest event in town and the last year's winning trophy truck team was going to stay next to us.

We know nothing about motor sports but surprisingly really enjoyed meeting the team and learning more about the sport. We had a front row seat behind Victor's RV park. A great group of guys.

They looked they lost a fight with Baja but actually came in 2nd in the unlimited trophy truck. I'm undecided if I would love to ride in this thing or I would end up hurling. Maybe both.

2180miles

Endurance Adventuring
Nice shots, great adventures! Look forward to seeing more.

Hope you don't mind me asking, are you both able to work remotely? Or freelance gigging via a laptop?

ssichler

Adventurer
amazing pictures.

Also I think it is awesome you are boondocking in a big RV.

Thanks. It can be a little scary driving down dirt roads in an RV but we go slow and scout it out with the Jeep and online at sites like campendium.com. With our large tanks and solar we can stay out a couple of weeks.

ssichler

Adventurer
Nice shots, great adventures! Look forward to seeing more.

Hope you don't mind me asking, are you both able to work remotely? Or freelance gigging via a laptop?

Thanks. No problem. We aren't working now but have nomad friends that do. xscapers.com is great resource for working age RVers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles