Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon in Gobi Color

Default 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon in Gobi Color

Well I have been bouncing back and forth for the best part of 12 months on whether I wanted to get rid of my 2012 and get a new Jeep or not. I was at the point of either go all in on the 12 or strip and go all in on a 17. Well I waited until the new Gobi color came out and boy did I love it. So yesterday I pulled the trigger. I ended up switching from a manual to an auto. Got 410 gears as well. Pretty standard Rubi only upgrades besides the gears were Remote Start and Alpine speakers. Did not want anything else really. Oh and the new ones come with the LED Headlights and Fog Lights.

Build thread will be really slow however Phase 1 is to put all the stuff I stripped off my other Jeep onto this one.
    Phase 1
    Gobi Stealth Rack
    LOD Rear Bumper
    Genesis Dual Battery tray
    Goose Gear rear floor plate
    Teraflex Rear Storage Tray
    Trailgator tailgate table
    ARB 50qt

From there I have not decided if I want to lift the Jeep or what my plans may be. Stay tuned....

Photos to come!
    Instagram @gobirubicon

Here are some pics
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Instagram @gobirubicon

Love the Gobi color too. I wish I could have waited. The new LED OEM lights are AMAZING!. Looking forward to the build.

ratled

How different is the Goni color in comparison to Mohave Sand? Seems darker but that could be just the lighting.
    Camel Trophy 1998 - Tierra Del Fuego
    Rainforest Challenge 1999-2001 - Malaysia
    Outback Challenge 2001 - Australia
    Croatia Trophy 2002 - Croatia
    Vermont Overland Trophy 2015 - USA

Quote Originally Posted by ReconH3 View Post
    How different is the Goni color in comparison to Mohave Sand? Seems darker but that could be just the lighting.
    Recon I actually have not seen the Mojave in person. The pictures do not do it justice. Everyone who has seen the pictures then the Jeep said it is lighter in person. I will try and get some better pics later on. It does at times with the right lighting show different. Almost like a grayish tone by the black lettering and fenders and all.
    Instagram @gobirubicon

Quote Originally Posted by ratled View Post
    Love the Gobi color too. I wish I could have waited. The new LED OEM lights are AMAZING!. Looking forward to the build.

ratled
    Thank you ratled. The color is awesome for sure. I am glad I waited for it.
    Instagram @gobirubicon

Quote Originally Posted by rubicon91 View Post
    Recon I actually have not seen the Mojave in person. The pictures do not do it justice. Everyone who has seen the pictures then the Jeep said it is lighter in person. I will try and get some better pics later on. It does at times with the right lighting show different. Almost like a grayish tone by the black lettering and fenders and all.
    Don't worry about taking "better" pictures because it will always be relative. Only true way to figure it out is if you actually run into somebody with a Mohave JK and compare them side by side. Thanks anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by ReconH3 View Post
    Don't worry about taking "better" pictures because it will always be relative. Only true way to figure it out is if you actually run into somebody with a Mohave JK and compare them side by side. Thanks anyways.
    Just for you I will hunt that elusive Mojave Sand Jeep and get a picture next to it. Challenge Accepted LMAO. I am just horsing around however if I do see one in town I will get a pic with it to show comparison.
    Instagram @gobirubicon

Quote Originally Posted by rubicon91 View Post
    Just for you I will hunt that elusive Mojave Sand Jeep and get a picture next to it. Challenge Accepted LMAO. I am just horsing around however if I do see one in town I will get a pic with it to show comparison.
    Cool. I'm just curious since it looks identical.

Nice Rubi! I love that color; my favorite JK color was always Sahara Tan. I wonder if those new OEM LEDs would be plug-and-play into a '16...

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast