2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon with J30 (gobirubicon)

Mdmeltdown

I have a pretty rare '12 Sahara JKU in Sahara Tan. This color was only produced in the first month of production for the 2012 with the new tranny and 3.6. I loved the color and that is part of the reason I pulled the trigger on a Jeep. I have to say though that I like this new tan better. If you put a Sahara Tan next to this new tan, mine looks a little "cake batter"

Sahara Tan.jpg

rubicon91

Explorer
Spent the day installing most of what I stripped off my other Jeep. Only thing still to do is install the Genesis dual battery tray.
09921596358fd6a889eb43eb24fccace.jpg
96f0a429671d59e1df14212f5326d47a.jpg
6975e8239216c702af10973cec9bde98.jpg
7fb22f3cef3227e68c4ff7e32a2762d4.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

rubicon91

Explorer
Installed the gobi stealth rack, lod rear bumper, goose gear floor plate, and arb fridge and slide as well as the trailgator tail gate table. That was today.

jimmy78

Spent the day installing most of what I stripped off my other Jeep. Only thing still to do is install the Genesis dual battery tray.
09921596358fd6a889eb43eb24fccace.jpg
96f0a429671d59e1df14212f5326d47a.jpg
6975e8239216c702af10973cec9bde98.jpg
7fb22f3cef3227e68c4ff7e32a2762d4.jpg

Color looks great! Great mods so far too. Do you know if that teraflex rack will work with the rear seat recline mod? Also doesn't that rack have different height settings? Do you have it on the highest setting with the goose gear plate? Just curious about how much clearance there is with the fridge.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

rubicon91

Explorer
Color looks great! Great mods so far too. Do you know if that teraflex rack will work with the rear seat recline mod? Also doesn't that rack have different height settings? Do you have it on the highest setting with the goose gear plate? Just curious about how much clearance there is with the fridge.

Thank you jimmy78. The TF rack is set at its highest setting to fit above my 50 qt fridge. It cannot go down to the next level with my fridge. It has i believe 3 settings. It is one of the few that fits above the 50 qt. It won't work with the recline I would say however don't quote me on that. It is pretty close to the rear seats. I don't know what the recline would do but I doubt it. However I cannot say for sure if you had the shelf at its lowest setting. I have never had it set below this level.

Last edited:

jimmy78

Thank you jimmy78. The TF rack is set at its highest setting to fit above my 50 qt fridge. It cannot go down to the next level with my fridge. It has i believe 3 settings. It is one of the few that fits above the 50 qt. It won't work with the recline I would say however don't quote me on that. It is pretty close to the rear seats. I don't know what the recline would do but I doubt it. However I cannot say for sure if you had the shelf at its lowest setting. I have never had it set below this level.

Thank you! So the lower the rack goes does it move further back towards the tailgate leaving more room between the seat and the rack? From pictures I've seen it looks like it mounts to those brackets off the roll bars.

rubicon91

Explorer
Thank you! So the lower the rack goes does it move further back towards the tailgate leaving more room between the seat and the rack? From pictures I've seen it looks like it mounts to those brackets off the roll bars.

It does mount to the roll bar mounts where the soft top would mount. It would just drop straight down on the Mount. I can take some pics of how close it is tomorrow for you.

jeffe

Observer
Beautiful! Glad to hear you made the right choice and jumped from the black 2012 jeep. Now all we need is some pics of it in its natural habitat!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

rubicon91

Explorer
Beautiful! Glad to hear you made the right choice and jumped from the black 2012 jeep. Now all we need is some pics of it in its natural habitat!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Soon Jeffe soon. I have not had any time and it's been what 4 days lol.

Yep Pictures of these colors on line don't do these vehicles justice. One has to go see them in person. I like the Gobi color more so that the dune clear coat. but the wife has other plans.. She more into the Chief color So I've worked up MY version of the jeep and Her version of the jeep.. But one thing that remains on both of these is that we've had the hard top color matched or two toned. The Gobi would retain the Gobi color below the roof line, but would get the white upper.. same for the Chief blue on the bottom, white on top or leave the hardtop white all together. Don't think this color scheme would work very well on a Sahara Wrangler.

Something to Shoot For?..

original.jpg

Last edited:

rubicon91

Explorer
Yep Pictures of these colors on line don't do these vehicles justice. One has to go see them in person. I like the Gobi color more so that the dune clear coat. but the wife has other plans.. She more into the Chief color So I've worked up MY version of the jeep and Her version of the jeep.. But one thing that remains on both of these is that we've had the hard top color matched or two toned. The Gobi would retain the Gobi color below the roof line, but would get the white upper.. same for the Chief blue on the bottom, white on top or leave the hardtop white all together. Don't think this color scheme would work very well on a Sahara Wrangler.

Something to Shoot For?..

original.jpg

I saw this in person a few years ago at Jeep Beach. It was nice. I would love a Gobi Colored hard top. I would not two tone it and I would not go with the color matched flares. There is one down here for sale that has both the color matched top and flares. If it had the regular fenders that would be sharp but the color matched in my opinion is too much. Now if I end up with an Ursa Minor J30 on this then I would have the very top in white on it. I currently tow a trailer with a RTT and really have pondered if I want to switch to a J30 or not. That would be sharp in this color scheme. Here is a pic of that Jeep on the lot here with everything Gobi color. I do like the Chief color smurf blue and I think the right setup would look really sharp with it.

Attachments

• Gobi Jeep with color matched hardtop.JPG
    Gobi Jeep with color matched hardtop.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 109

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles