2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon with J30 (gobirubicon)

rubicon91

Explorer
Cool.

Ironically, I saw a black JKU tonight that had the American flag thing on the wire mesh behind the grill.

I have seen that before as well. The wire mesh is not my thing. I like wrap and best part this was my spare grill so I can always switch back and forth if I want a different look to my stock Gobi Colored one! But I doubt I will unless something happens to this wrap.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Hey, that's cool to have the spare grill. Although your new wrap looks so good, I'd have to agree with not wanting to change it. :)
Something about a Wrangler and patriotism that just goes hand-in-hand. :beer:

As a side note, thanks for your service to community, state and nation. :bigok:

rubicon91

Explorer
Hey, that's cool to have the spare grill. Although your new wrap looks so good, I'd have to agree with not wanting to change it. :)
Something about a Wrangler and patriotism that just goes hand-in-hand. :beer:

As a side note, thanks for your service to community, state and nation. :bigok:

Thanks Comanche!

rubicon91

Explorer
It was such a nice weekend that I decided to strip the doors off the Jeep and head out to the causeway for some sun yesterday!

Attachments

• 20170507_102129_resized.jpg
    20170507_102129_resized.jpg
    544.8 KB · Views: 91
  • 20170507_104356_resized.jpg
    20170507_104356_resized.jpg
    555.3 KB · Views: 99

rubicon91

Explorer
Met up with a club member who won at jeep beach a foxwing and arb 2000 awning picked both up for a great price. While he was still there someone pulled in. Always great to see you Jeff!! Only pic i got of the visit. For you Comanche Scott lol.
8ec41d97c7c0f3e152bf6528a0576d22.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Met up with a club member who won at jeep beach a foxwing and arb 2000 awning picked both up for a great price. While he was still there someone pulled in. Always great to see you Jeff!! Only pic i got of the visit. For you Comanche Scott lol.
8ec41d97c7c0f3e152bf6528a0576d22.jpg

Hey, that's awesome! :victory:

rubicon91

Explorer
Well I have not done much to my Jeep recently but one thing I did finally get done is the rails installed from Goose Gear in the corners of my floor plate. I bought the floor plate used and found out after I added the side cubbies that I was missing the rails. I nor GG realized it until I put in the cubbies that I was missing the rails. To add to my issue we found out the floor plate was version 1 so rails were not the same size now. I figured I would still attempt as I hated the gap i had between floor plate and cubbies. I got the rails a few weeks ago but didn't have the hardware so goose gear sent it out. It's been a back and forth with the issue but finally yesterday my hardware showed up. Was able to pull out floor plate and install the rails. Even though they are a tad bit smaller now they accomplished what I wanted which was a finished look. Plus I have some anchor points as well. Now I just need to call Brian at GG and apologize for my message Friday as I was frustrated hardware had not come yet and in typical fashion it came next day. I tend to have foot in mouth disease and this is one of those times. Anyways got everything put back in the rear of the Jeep. Very happy how. Some pics before I put fridge and my cargo rack back in showing the rails installed. And the last what it looked like beforehand.
4d728e562d5fbe254bd136832ff6c9cb.jpg
fda0e3c91a90b4b05e0376ba8a2c04b0.jpg
14f7610f1bd45dfcac3b0516d33d2c9f.jpg
02cc522309445ffdb1872cd7d5acdb7d.jpg

Last edited:

rubicon91

Explorer
Thoughts on the GG set up so far? I'm looking at it too, but wonder what, if any, the trade off are.
I like it I think it is a great platform. Trade off would be price and possibly weight. Definitely price but I do understand as it is great craftsmanship. I want a drawer system for in there just not sure if or when that may happen. You will definitely have to get the cubbies with the floor plate though. If not when you have all the plastic pieces pulled out of the back of the Jeep it looks out of place for sure.

xbombtek

Observer
I like it I think it is a great platform. Trade off would be price and possibly weight. Definitely price but I do understand as it is great craftsmanship. I want a drawer system for in there just not sure if or when that may happen. You will definitely have to get the cubbies with the floor plate though. If not when you have all the plastic pieces pulled out of the back of the Jeep it looks out of place for sure.

Ok, that answered my next question about the plastic trim. Was hoping it came out and wasn't wasted space. Thanks for your input.

I'm still on the fence, but my short list is getting shorter.

bluehash

Adventurer
Very nice JK!
I have a 2013 Commando Green with a similar setup.. gobi rack etc..
A shade different from the Gobi. Is the Gobi more on the green side or tan side?

Capture.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior