2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon with J30 (gobirubicon)

rubicon91

Explorer
Well it has been a little bit. I ordered this past week my new lift and tires. Lift is here tires will be here Monday. Got the AEV 2.5 inch lift and going with 315/70 r17 KO2s. Excited to see what it will look like. I also have 3 weeks before I leave for Applachian rendezvous and expo east so the prepping of the trailer and gear begins this weekend. Pics to follow next week of the jeep lifted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

rubicon91

Explorer
Thank you both. Well the lift is going on tomorrow. Yesterday I fell into one hell of a deal from a buddy of mine to get his 3 month old Adams front and rear 1310 driveshafts for a great price so I picked them up today and will have them installed as well tomorrow. He decided to get ultimate 60s for his jeep. Pics to follow soon. Tires come tomorrow and hope to have them installed Tuesday.

Last edited:

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Thank you both. Well the lift is going on tomorrow. Yesterday I fell into one hell of a deal from a buddy of mine to get his 3 month old Adams front and rear 1310 driveshafts for a great price so I picked them up today and will have them installed as well tomorrow. He decided to get ultimate 60s for his jeep. Pics to follow soon. Tires come tomorrow and hope to have them installed Tuesday.

"Mr. Deal" strikes again! How do you do it?

rubicon91

Explorer
"Mr. Deal" strikes again! How do you do it?
Hahaha right idk I knew he was going to 60s and he put it up i said how much and since I've helped him find some items like the 50qt fridge for an unreal price he gave them to me at a price I couldn't say no to. Lol he has quite a few offers a lot higher also but gave them to me. I won't complain at all.

rubicon91

Explorer
Today was a success. Was able to get the lift on as well as both drive shafts and trim the rubi rock rails. My tires showed up to work while I was not there which was fun everyone was like ******. I just said roll them into my office I'll deal with them tomorrow lol. Anyways here is a pic with stock tires. Believe it or not they don't look that bad. If I didn't already have tires here idk if I would have ordered yet or not. Also I cannot seem to get a great pic with the lift on. Doesn't show it in my opinion but I can tell just getting in the Jeep. More to follow tomorrow.
3d69b0897cb68cc43aa0d80140150728.jpg

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Had me laughing out loud on the tires. Been there myself...

Your new tires are going to look perfect with this lift. :drool:

rubicon91

Explorer
Had me laughing out loud on the tires. Been there myself...

Your new tires are going to look perfect with this lift. :drool:
Scott the best part was I had forewarned the girl at the front desk and ups tried to drop them off outside the office door she was like wait no they need to go in this office. I get an email from her saying she had to roll them into my office. I couldn't stop laughing I said how hard was it. Not like they are square wheels or anything lol btw I waited to send that part until I knew she had successfully put all 5 in my office lol. I'm sure I'll be in for some fun tomorrow. Ha

ratled

Adventurer
By chance did you take any measurements of before and after? If not, any chance of getting some after ones beofre the new shows go on?

Thanks

ratled

rubicon91

Explorer
By chance did you take any measurements of before and after? If not, any chance of getting some after ones beofre the new shows go on?

Thanks

ratled
What would you like to know? It is going in this am so I can measure beforehand.

rubicon91

Explorer
Well nothing like loading up and navigating morning traffic here we go! Actually there was not any issue just funny with these on the back like that.
7e2a659ca0310a60a7f7c7d5e24e9990.jpg

rubicon91

Explorer
Say the ground to the center of each wheel lip

THANKS

ratled

ratled

I am sorry I totally forgot once I got to work to measure things before I loaded up tires and left. I was thinking about it also i am probably not the one you want measurements from as the rear of mine is heavy. I had to upgrade stock springs in rear to accommodate before this lift was put on. I have goose gear floor plate side cubbies arb 50qt and lod rear bumper trail rack and gobi stealth rack all weighing me down in the rear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles