Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon in Gobi Color

Going to be a nice weekend hanging out with friends doing some camping. Bad weather due in tonight but who cares. Plenty of alcohol and cigars to make one forget.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    Instagram @gobirubicon

Enjoy!!!
    "Whether you think you can do something or you think you can't, you are right" - Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by rubicon91 View Post
    Plenty of alcohol and cigars to make one forget.
    Ummm look again, unless you have more other then the empty bottles on the tailgate

Quote Originally Posted by ratled View Post
    Ummm look again, unless you have more other then the empty bottles on the tailgate
    Hahaha oh I have plenty more than that!!!

Instagram @gobirubicon

Quote Originally Posted by jscherb View Post
    Enjoy!!!
    Thank you Jeff. I will!

Instagram @gobirubicon

Quote Originally Posted by rubicon91 View Post
    Got the install done tonight on the new springs. Doing the calculations I added over 250lbs with the spare tire included. Probably closer to 300lbs. I decided on some rock krawler 1.5 inch triple rate coil springs for the rear as you saw a few posts ago. As you can see they are so much bigger than the stock ones. I have to look but I am pretty sure I had the bottom end Springs in the Jeep as I didn't have max tow. Which would explain a lot.

Well after getting them installed I couldn't be happier. It was one of those things that I hoped took me back to stock height so I didn't make a rash decision on a lift. It gave me a little over 2 inches back in the rear. A small rake but I will take that over the sag I had. Also since I didn't have the necessary tools I was going to have a shop do them. 2 places quoted me 2 hours to do at $100/hr approx. Stupid crazy etc so my buddy who helps me said let's just rent a spring compressor and we can do it as he had everything at his house but that. Since he offered of course I said yes. Well it took us just a little over an hour to do it.

Before the springs were installed

And after

Now I can take my time deciding on a lift.

For what it's worth if it's worth anything at all and based on rubicon91's images, Last Friday afternoon, we've ordered a set of the RK 1.5 stock upgrades from Off Road Elements we should see them in a few weeks as it's been the holiday weekend/week. So at least I can thank rubicon91 for posting these images as it was just part of the reasoning we've went with the RK system.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021