2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon with J30 (gobirubicon)

rubicon91

Explorer
Well I have been bouncing back and forth for the best part of 12 months on whether I wanted to get rid of my 2012 and get a new Jeep or not. I was at the point of either go all in on the 12 or strip and go all in on a 17. Well I waited until the new Gobi color came out and boy did I love it. So yesterday I pulled the trigger. I ended up switching from a manual to an auto. Got 410 gears as well. Pretty standard Rubi only upgrades besides the gears were Remote Start and Alpine speakers. Did not want anything else really. Oh and the new ones come with the LED Headlights and Fog Lights.

Build thread will be really slow however Phase 1 is to put all the stuff I stripped off my other Jeep onto this one.
Phase 1
Gobi Stealth Rack
LOD Rear Bumper
Genesis Dual Battery tray
Goose Gear rear floor plate
Teraflex Rear Storage Tray
Trailgator tailgate table
ARB 50qt

From there I have not decided if I want to lift the Jeep or what my plans may be. Stay tuned....

Photos to come!

rubicon91

Explorer
Here are some pics

Attachments

• 20170224_083718_resized.jpg
    20170224_083718_resized.jpg
    544.6 KB · Views: 296
  • 20170224_083723_resized.jpg
    20170224_083723_resized.jpg
    578.3 KB · Views: 334
  • 20170224_085234_resized.jpg
    20170224_085234_resized.jpg
    540.9 KB · Views: 277
  • 20170228_120756_resized.jpg
    20170228_120756_resized.jpg
    566.6 KB · Views: 280
  • 20170228_120803_resized.jpg
    20170228_120803_resized.jpg
    560.5 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_20170228_193558_777_resized.jpg
    IMG_20170228_193558_777_resized.jpg
    569.9 KB · Views: 316

ratled

Adventurer
Love the Gobi color too. I wish I could have waited. The new LED OEM lights are AMAZING!. Looking forward to the build.

ratled

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
How different is the Goni color in comparison to Mohave Sand? Seems darker but that could be just the lighting.

rubicon91

Explorer
How different is the Goni color in comparison to Mohave Sand? Seems darker but that could be just the lighting.

Recon I actually have not seen the Mojave in person. The pictures do not do it justice. Everyone who has seen the pictures then the Jeep said it is lighter in person. I will try and get some better pics later on. It does at times with the right lighting show different. Almost like a grayish tone by the black lettering and fenders and all.

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
Recon I actually have not seen the Mojave in person. The pictures do not do it justice. Everyone who has seen the pictures then the Jeep said it is lighter in person. I will try and get some better pics later on. It does at times with the right lighting show different. Almost like a grayish tone by the black lettering and fenders and all.

Don't worry about taking "better" pictures because it will always be relative. Only true way to figure it out is if you actually run into somebody with a Mohave JK and compare them side by side. Thanks anyways.

rubicon91

Explorer
Don't worry about taking "better" pictures because it will always be relative. Only true way to figure it out is if you actually run into somebody with a Mohave JK and compare them side by side. Thanks anyways.

Just for you I will hunt that elusive Mojave Sand Jeep and get a picture next to it. Challenge Accepted ********. I am just horsing around however if I do see one in town I will get a pic with it to show comparison.

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
Just for you I will hunt that elusive Mojave Sand Jeep and get a picture next to it. Challenge Accepted ********. I am just horsing around however if I do see one in town I will get a pic with it to show comparison.

Cool. I'm just curious since it looks identical.

TheCatman

Nice Rubi! I love that color; my favorite JK color was always Sahara Tan. I wonder if those new OEM LEDs would be plug-and-play into a '16...

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
:eek:

Man! This is awesome. Really excited to see how this all comes together. :)
I am super happy with the 4.10 gears with the 35" tires since it has the 4:1 transfer case. Being able to fire up the Jeep and let it cool off/heat up inside is a very nice option I use a lot too.
Being in California lifting wasn't an option, it was pretty much mandatory. You could run 35" tires with just a level and fender cut/change. So lots of options.
One of the (many) things I liked about your '12 was the wheel & tire choice, and of course the Bumper.
Cool to see you are going with another LOD. Any changes you'll make on the new rear bumper?

Looking forward to following along on this! :beer:

Think you are really going to enjoy this off road. :victory:

rubicon91

Explorer
:eek:

Man! This is awesome. Really excited to see how this all comes together. :)
I am super happy with the 4.10 gears with the 35" tires since it has the 4:1 transfer case. Being able to fire up the Jeep and let it cool off/heat up inside is a very nice option I use a lot too.
Being in California lifting wasn't an option, it was pretty much mandatory. You could run 35" tires with just a level and fender cut/change. So lots of options.
One of the (many) things I liked about your '12 was the wheel & tire choice, and of course the Bumper.
Cool to see you are going with another LOD. Any changes you'll make on the new rear bumper?

Looking forward to following along on this! :beer:

Think you are really going to enjoy this off road. :victory:

Thank you Comanche Scott. I am super excited for sure.

The stuff I pulled off the Sport before I traded it in I will be transferring over. I really love my LOD rear bumper so that will be going on. As far as the front bumper I am not sure what I am going to do yet. Might be another LOD I dont know. I would also love to go back to 35s however my garage door and my awning and road shower have this hate relationship. The garage door hates them so it would not let them in while attached to my Gobi rack and the 35s on :D. I was tired of putting them on to go camping and then taking off when I got home to get the Jeep back in the garage. That is why I am thinking of 33s. However I dont know I flip flop like a fish out of water that is why I am not making any rash decisions on a lift for a while. I have a few in mind but my wife may divorce me if I buy anything at this moment after the stunt I just pulled LOL!!! I test drove Friday spent Saturday Sunday stripping Jeep and then took last day of month off as a sales person (huge no no lol) to go get the Jeep 2 1/2 hrs away. At this moment I am going to drive it as is with the tires and all to see how it goes.

Donny

rubicon91

Explorer
So I was itching to at least get something put on my new Jeep so I went home at lunch today and grabbed the Teraflex tray and put it in. I know nothing sexy but it is invaluable for when I go out camping to store stuff above my ARB fridge. Tonight I am going to get my Trailgator put on and probably the goose gear floor plate. Stay tuned!

Attachments

• 20170303_120748_resized.jpg
    20170303_120748_resized.jpg
    588.3 KB · Views: 215
  • 20170303_120756_resized.jpg
    20170303_120756_resized.jpg
    621.3 KB · Views: 210

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles