2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon with J30 (gobirubicon)

rubicon91

Explorer
thats awesome man, no more tents huh?

Funny you should say that. I have a weekend camping trip coming up with some friends in a few weeks so yes I have at least 1 more trip with a tent and it will be a ground tent this time or if the weather is great and all I will probably hammock camp.

Gear

Explorer, Overland Certified OC0020
No special requests really. I was going back and forth on to get windows or color match and decided at the end of the day I didnt want windows and didnt want to color match lol. I did however get the top perimeter matched so it will all be black. Really just standard J30 if there is such a thing. I am having awning mounts added to the drivers side for my ARB 2000 awning. Unfortunately or fortunately for me my budget doesnt allow me to go too crazy with options. But it is a nicely put together one. I did not bother with solar at this time and only got the yakima mounts so that I can add the system later on as well. I was also going back and forth on adding my road shower to the passenger side with awning mounts but I fear the weight will eventually mess with the top. The only thing left I am pondering is if I want to add awning mounts to the rear or not and add a small awning back there. But I have some time to think on that. I am excited and ready to get it added to my Jeep.

Your going to love it! Your Ursa Minor J30 build is solid. Perimeter LineX is great. I am surprised at the temperature that the top gets while in the sun with my full LineXed top. I like the look, but dislike the burns when trying to load something on the roof. I did add the map case and am surprised at how much I like it. You can do your own outlets up top and windows can be added at anytime.

rubicon91

Explorer
Today I pulled off the Gobi stealth rack in preparation for its pick up in a few weeks. Really strange feeling since the Gobi rack has been on the jeep from the first days I've owned it. Felt almost naked lol. I heard from John at ursa minor also. Completion 12/15 and delivery the week before Christmas. Cannot wait. This is the only pic I got today unfortunately.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
fafae3bc5a2fe3c794d280205477df7e.jpg

rubicon91

Explorer
Looks like it gained a bit of altitude as well as attitude.
Can't wait to see it with the J30. :)
Hahaha I'll tell what it did gain MPG lol. I reset it and so far I am like wow. We shall see what the final verdict is after a tank or 2. I'll post it here in a week or so.

rubicon91

Explorer
Got out for the weekend with some friends to dinner island wma. Doing some hammock camping. Life does not suck.
074b3f9b63104bb30f80419bfadd1111.jpg
ba01c8f00c5ce11e176403c69266481c.jpg

rubicon91

Explorer
I joined the Jeep club I am apart of here for their annual get the hell out of dodge black friday camping. This year they choose to go back to Ocala National Forest. Was a nice relaxing trip. Left Friday morning and came back Sunday afternoon. Did some trail rides on Saturday. Even had a linkage issue that we were able to get fixed while on the trails. This time I decided to try out the Oztent Malamoo I won a few years ago. We use it at the beach for my daughter but I have never camped in it. Was not too bad at all. I have one more trip before my J30 comes in hopefully and I will probably use it again.

rubicon91

Explorer
Had a great day today. First off it is mid 80s for us in SWFL so what do you do but take doors off and go to the beach. Then while at said beach you find a couple from Germany who are world travelers and park next to and ******** chat with. Finally after you get home you stumble across a hard rock front bumper at q great price so you go get it and install. Been looking for one for quite some time now. All in all as ice cube once said "today was a good day"
72149f7098577f6531e46b12d3a7ff62.jpg
ff17423c8773be5fc59ae9dbe5c44b47.jpg
dba1e2465e8dcd620209f858d2bc9cb2.jpg
1d115fd99c213f6726ca091221b03bcc.jpg
517f1d89c9042b804705b94b61aaa9a9.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94