CRL VAN WINDOWS

Has anyone ever installed the CRL van windows in their cargo vans that were windowless? Cons or Pros? Easy to install? How do they install? I'm currently building up my 2008 Chevy Express van and I've found these windows and I used to do autobody before my current job so I feel comfortable doing it I just don't know if these are what i'm actually looking for.

shenrie

^^^ hates cars
depending on which one you buy, its cake. I bought one designed to go where a oem window would have on a passenger and it only took me an hour or so. one that bridges gaps would likely take a bit more cutting, but the crl windows are pretty easy to install. reminded me of an old sunroof. cut hole, goo up with windshield urethane or butyl tape and drop into hole. then sandwich with retaining ring and cinch down with supplied screws. just go easy on the screws. they cheap out there and send you ones that strip out really easy. windows seem to be really good quality though. mines been in 2 years and zero issues so far.

opt overland

Observer
Pretty simple. Find your placement, Cut the hole, treat the bare metal, install glass. It has an inner frame that screws to the window channel. Impact drivers are handy for this also putting the screw tips a bit of wax to help them screw in a bit easier. This also prevents them from stripping out

RVflyfish

Fishing is life. The rest is details.
Does anyone make a double pane window? Seems like it should be possible in theory.

Does anyone make a double pane window? Seems like it should be possible in theory.

That's a great question. Double pane would add so much efficiency! I don't have the answer but will start looking around unless somebody here knows the answer. Replacing my existing windows isn't even on my radar but if there are double panes to be had and I get cold next winter camping, that project will move up the list.

dentedvw

Wire twister
I installed some that I bought on Amazon, they fit great in OEM locations. I wish there was more available, like a slider bigger than a sandwich, but that's what there is.
I also installed the largest sunroof I could get, and it's amazing!

java

Expedition Leader

I dont think CRL does, I used Motion Windows, they will make whatever shape/size you want, but its not cheap. I am really happy i did double pane though!

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
CRL windows

The windows are easy to install however we found the the windows they make for the Chevrolet vans do not fit in the body lines of the van? That is why with our Sema build we went with original van windows. Rick still has the CRL windows if your looking for a deal on them.

GNTY

Adventurer

yes Sun-View in Summerland BC Canada does make a thermal double pane window. I've ordered some from them and am very happy with the product. They build all the dual pane windows for Bigfoot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier