Where can I buy aluminum "track" on back of most awnings?

A.Wilson013

Adventurer
I am talking about the part that has the two tracks for the bolts to slide into and use for mounting.

Theory crafting a project and this stuff would be perfect, especially with the Front Runner awning mounts.

A.Wilson013

Adventurer
Try sail track and see if that fits the bill.

Thanks, but that's not it either. It's a very specific item with two "tracks" on the back that can capture the head of a bolt, and Front Runner has made some mounts that adapt to it beautifully.

I am looking at picking up a new awning, but I hate how it mounts and would like to buy some of this stuff to attach to the back of it.

Lc80series

Equipt sells "L" shaped brackets made by Eezi-Awn that have a C channel that slide on to the back of the awning. I mounted the L shaped brackets to my FR brackets and attached those to my FR Slimline rack. They made it look like it would fit together seamlessly but they don't. Required some drilling and filing to get them to fit together. Wasn't a big deal. Not sure if this is what you are referring to though...

A.Wilson013

Adventurer
Equipt sells "L" shaped brackets made by Eezi-Awn that have a C channel that slide on to the back of the awning. I mounted the L shaped brackets to my FR brackets and attached those to my FR Slimline rack. They made it look like it would fit together seamlessly but they don't. Required some drilling and filing to get them to fit together. Wasn't a big deal. Not sure if this is what you are referring to though...

Negative. I want the actual track that those L brackets mount on to. Thank you though!

pdxfrogdog

Adventurer
Negative. I want the actual track that those L brackets mount on to. Thank you though!

Have you looked at 80/20, inc and seen if one of their t-slot extrusions is close enough? They have a 1"x3" the seems dimensionally appropriate.

https://www.8020.net/catalog/category/view/s/shop/id/837/?new=79

Other suggestion is to reach out to CVT or Tepui and see if you can get a length of it through their spare parts program.

A question: Are you trying to back into a material compatible with the FR brackets because you already have some? I ask because you will have more options if you went with FR's universal side mount brackets.

Last edited:

A.Wilson013

Adventurer
Have you looked at 80/20, inc and seen if one of their t-slot extrusions is close enough? They have a 1"x3" the seems dimensionally appropriate.

https://www.8020.net/catalog/category/view/s/shop/id/837/?new=79

Other suggestion is to reach out to CVT or Tepui and see if you can get a length of it through their spare parts program.

A question: Are you trying to back into a material compatible with the FR brackets because you already have some? I ask because you will have more options if you went with FR's universal side mount brackets.

I looked at 80/20 but I don't feel like purchasing something that I am not POSITIVE will work. I've also contacted a few tent/awning mfgs and one told me yes they can sell it. I asked for a price a few days ago and haven't heard back.

I am asking because yes, I already have the FR brackets and am really, really impressed with their quality. I'd like to use them. I have never worked w/ the universal mounts, but from the few pictures I have seen they don't look anywhere near the same quality.

After looking at their install instructions it seems they may be an option... If the tent mfg doesn't get back to me soon I'll order some up to check them out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz