G550 4x4^2 arrived at the dealer recently

Wyuna

Observer
Love that twin shock set up, although don't like that $220k US price tag.

We now have the MB G Pro Pick Up here in Aus, more basic for $120K AUD.

02rangeredge

Adventurer
Not, jealous or a wannabe, just realizing the majority of purchasers, I will admit that there are those few who do other things than build Kardashian mobiles

With 3.0L diesel and 275/80R20 or 335/80R20 XZLs, I'd buy one.
I wonder what is the oil capacity of the portals? 404 Mogs are as little as 250ml, U500s are 700 ml.
Portals add a whole dimension to maintenance and potential problems. I don't think most potential owners of this vehicle realize it, however.

Charlie

machine1

Explorer
With 3.0L diesel and 275/80R20 or 335/80R20 XZLs, I'd buy one.
I wonder what is the oil capacity of the portals? 404 Mogs are as little as 250ml, U500s are 700 ml.
Portals add a whole dimension to maintenance and potential problems. I don't think most potential owners of this vehicle realize it, however.

Charlie

I'll have to pull up the work instructions and see if the specs are up for it yet, they should be hopefully.

uzj100

Adventurer
One was spotted at the cars and coffee in Charlotte. A friend that works at MB in Miami said they had delivered one as well.

Where are the Hutchinson Bead Locks, off road tires, and CTIS system? Kind of sad those items were left off and they went with the hot wheels look. There are no words to describe the "Westin" rear bumper. ;<)by2.JPG

Last edited:

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
Very surprised to see this many of them out there.

Give it 10 years, they will probably be viewed as the most undesirable of all G's and hopefully available for $30k.

zimm

Expedition Leader
Very surprised to see this many of them out there.

Give it 10 years, they will probably be viewed as the most undesirable of all G's and hopefully available for $30k.

an axle on a rolled unit will go for 30k. there will be someone on pointed three, wanting to "upgrade" the 2002 they got for 20k to look like a new unit for half cost.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles