Frontrunner Awning

Outside somewhere

Overland certified public figure brand ambassador
Unless something has changed from two years ago the one's I've seen from both companies were identical except the cover. I'd be surprised if they didn't come out of the same factory complex as all the china made stuff from arb, cvt, fr, fsr etc.

A.Wilson013

Adventurer
Do you recommend one over the other?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I have a CVT and would recommend the ARB over it.

The covers are different (ARB is better, in my opinion- more refined).

The main reason I would recommend the ARB is how the fabric of the awning attaches to the bars which are parallel to the ground. On the ARB there are MANY velcro straps. Every foot or so (maybe closer to 16"). However, on the CVT and Tepui models I have seen/used they only have 3 velcro straps. One at either end, and one in the middle. The Front Runner, according to the pictures on their site, also have 3 straps.

For what it's worth, I am in the process of researching the replacement of my CVT. I am looking at getting one of the 270 degree ARQ awnings which have become quite popular on Instagram as of recent. Aiden James Customs (or something like that) is their US Distributor. I think the only one. I am only reluctant because it will clash with my CVT tent =)

FJ SD

Builder
I havent seen the other comparable brands in person but I have the front runner awning. I wasn't expecting much for a product in the sub-300 range but I have been pleasantly surprised with the fabric and bag quality. The bag has zero fade and its stayed on my truck (parked outside) for at least 18 months. I ended up choosing FR over ARB mainly because they are local (socal) and have always stood behind all of the products I have purchased from them. I think you'll be happy with either.

Stryder106

Explorer
I've HEARD that the ARB awning is the best bang for the buck. I have seen the FR awning in their showroom, but it had the really pricey pivot on it - that allowed it to be, well - pivoted from the back to any angle all the way to side of the vehicle. Such a cool pivot, I didn't pay much attention to the awning.

OverlandKyle

Adventurer
Do you recommend one over the other?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Like mentioned elsewhere.. ARB has velcro every foot or so while FR only has three on both sides and in windy weather, it does make a difference... the ARB one also extends out an additional foot and a half away from the vehicle

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz