Palomino B600 - From Mild Mannered Campground RV to Overland Capable Camper

SidecarFlip

Why go to an ice box versus a fridge? I don't get that at all. An absorbtion fridge is lighter than an icebox (loaded with ice and food) and they are relatively fool proof and inexpensive to fix. Myself, I own a Palomino and I'd never replace the fridge with an ice box, or the propane heater for that matter. Seems counter productive to me.

lindy74

Why go to an ice box versus a fridge? I don't get that at all. An absorbtion fridge is lighter than an icebox (loaded with ice and food) and they are relatively fool proof and inexpensive to fix. Myself, I own a Palomino and I'd never replace the fridge with an ice box, or the propane heater for that matter. Seems counter productive to me.
Possibly due to the power consumption? That's why I'm using a rotomold cooler versus a fridge.

kerry

Expedition Leader
I'm curious about the rationale for frig removal also. A propane frig is about as simple as things get. No moving parts really, and very little propane consumption. In the late 90's the house behind us was torn down when the owner died. I went in and inside was a 1930's gas Servel frig still cooling away like new.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke