2018 Subaru Crosstrek

Thirty-Nine

Explorer
Orange-2018-Crosstrek-644x415.jpg

Redesigned 2018 Subaru Crosstrek.

Slight bump in power, new tech bits, redesigned sheet metal. CVT only.

What do you think?

More pics:

http://crankshaftculture.com/2017/03/08/2018-subaru-crosstrek-details/

calicamper

Expedition Leader
152 in the light impreza is OK. But its small. I use our 2010 ob lots currently tools are in the back. Its also our camping rig. 2kids two parents. I really watch our packed weight. I think crosstrek is cool and a great single person ultra light minimal gear rig but if you like gear its just too small. Outback is a better highway rig with lots of gear. You want smaller? But gear space look at the boxy Impreza aka Forester.

Keep in mind Subaru really only makes three cars Impreza, Legacy and BRZ. They just put different bodies on them.

p nut

butter
I'm not a fan of the front redesign. Headlights are almost Cherokee-esque. It's a cool little car. If I were single, I wouldn't mind one. Engine power could use a boost, but I wouldn't complain. It's not like my Outback is a rocketship, either.

Thirty-Nine

Explorer
152 in the light impreza is OK. But its small. I use our 2010 ob lots currently tools are in the back. Its also our camping rig. 2kids two parents. I really watch our packed weight. I think crosstrek is cool and a great single person ultra light minimal gear rig but if you like gear its just too small. Outback is a better highway rig with lots of gear. You want smaller? But gear space look at the boxy Impreza aka Forester.

Keep in mind Subaru really only makes three cars Impreza, Legacy and BRZ. They just put different bodies on them.

Yeah, I could see how it'd be too small for your situation. It'd be totally fine for mine, since we have no kids, no dogs. We went all over the place in a Suzuki Sidekick, though, too (granted, we had a tiny trailer, as well).

Clutch

<---Pass
I'm guessing the take rate was low ... as it is with most cars (6% overall average). Plus, Subaru then has to crash test and federalize both versions. Money + low take rate = extinction. :(

It looks sporty for the younger generation, you would think it would have a manny,

Oh wait! :ylsmoke: :D

sticker,375x360-bg,ffffff.u1.png

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
I like the 6spd in my forester. It doesnt take much pressure to get it in gear and I never miss a shift.

The manual in my 2001 mustang gt horrible by comparison. I had to put a $300 aftermarket shifter in it to keep me from missing third gear, and if you wanted to bang through the gears with any sense of urgency you had to force it into gear so hard it felt like shift knob would break off.

It didn't matter what trans fluid I used either.

fike

Adventurer
I have driven the automatic. It is gutless. Very painful to drive. Maybe the manual is better, but it really isn't a powerful car. (yes I said car)

Clutch

<---Pass
I test drove one of the manuals...not the best shifting tranny out there. Was looking for a new DD. Still like the concept but my initial impression was not great. I want to test drive one of these now. http://www.caranddriver.com/ford/focus-rs

Those are cool...think I am getting too old to own one though....little too boy racer for me, might look I am going through a midlife crisis. Can you get them in red? ;) :D

I like the 6spd in my forester. It doesnt take much pressure to get it in gear and I never miss a shift.

The manual in my 2001 mustang gt horrible by comparison. I had to put a $300 aftermarket shifter in it to keep me from missing third gear, and if you wanted to bang through the gears with any sense of urgency you had to force it into gear so hard it felt like shift knob would break off.

It didn't matter what trans fluid I used either.

Some of those older Ford manuals were horrid, test drove my friends' OBS F150 with a 5 speed, felt down right barbaric compared to the car like 5 speed in the Toyotas I am used to.

What were those Borg-Warner or Tremecs? I can't remember.

dcg141

Adventurer
Those are cool...think I am getting too old to own one though....little too boy racer for me, might look I am going through a midlife crisis. Can you get them in red? ;) :D
Naaa..Corvettes and pinky rings are a midlife crisis. Rally replica's are fun!!

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.

Some of those older Ford manuals were horrid, test drove my friends' OBS F150 with a 5 speed, felt down right barbaric compared to the car like 5 speed in the Toyotas I am used to.

What were those Borg-Warner or Tremecs? I can't remember.

The mustangs had at least three differant manuals between '95-'05. Tremec t 5, a t45, and then mine which was something differant, supposedly improved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94