Outlaw Xpeditions Oregon Trail Off-Road Experience

• Thread starter Outlaw Xpeditions
  • Start date
O

Outlaw Xpeditions

Well many of you know us by our old name Oregon Trail Off-Road and as is the case so many times in life what you started out as begins an evolution to adapt to the direction life takes us. We could have never imagined what a simple idea between a few friends would have taken us down the long dusty path we are on now. The journey was everything we could have possibly hoped for and yet nothing like we had expected. The twists and turns the ups and downs the fights between friends the challenges we overcame and in the end conquering what we set out to do made us into the team we are now OX Overland (Outlaw Xpeditions). It was an evolution from a one trip expedition team into something much larger then ourselves as we reemerged from the Oregon Trail with a new purpose, To explore expose and enlighten our community to the historic trails of north America. Its a huge undertaking but we have fallen in move with the history and personal stories of pioneers who truly braved the elements and risked life and limb to create the country we live in now. So we are OX Overland and this.... is our story.

The excitement was crazy we'd all been planning this wild adventure for years and after a night camping with our families we set out to embark on the last horse powered expedition over the Oregon trail in nearly 200 years. I'd love to say that it started out with a positive spin but although the first day was down a path we'd traveled many times it was one of the weirdest experiences I've had in our backyard. I'll let you make your own decisions on it when you check out the first episode of our journey but we ran into what had to be one of the sketchiest experiences we'd had with anyone we'd met on the trail pulled our friends through the first major obstacle on our path and ended our first long day down the Oregon Trail tucked into a serene little camp spot up along a babbling brook.

Episode 1 title page.jpg

Last edited:
O

Outlaw Xpeditions

Sunsets and Sorrows

Even if you've traveled a path many times there are things outside of your control that can completely change the way you experience the trail and this was one of those days. We'd left this morning with high hopes for the day and in good spirits, the weather was beautiful not to hot a few clouds to provide a little shade and of course all the dusty trail we could handle. We'd been to this area many times and we were excited to see a few familiar sights along the way so we forged through the trail past the spinning symphony of windmill blades through a crack between plateaus filled with locust and just as morning was sliding its way into our rear view we got a phone call that took away any semblance of serenity we may have had.

Episdode 20 Title Page Final (1 of 1).jpg

BonesBrigade

Phenomenal videos. Can't wait for the next one....

What was up with that dude with the bullet holes in his rig? He seemed a little....uh....out of it.

O

Outlaw Xpeditions

Oh yeah he was definitely on something it was super sketchy but we made it out alive

Great job guys. I will continue to watch for new videos. How do you guys like the ASRT tent, they are high on my list of potential tents but there isn't really any real life reviews on them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz