Falkor - 2001 Crew Cab 2500HD

krazytoy

Adventurer
That's a good looking truck my friend!!
Thanks!

So, the maiden voyage went very well, we did over 400 miles total with over 200 on dirt into some of the most remote country in the US. I am very happy with the truck and how it performs and I’ll say I am completely amazed at how well it drives at 75-80 down the Interstate, it literally drives like a new Ford truck. The PSC steering is bad ***, it feels the same at 35 psi down the road as it does with 15 psi in the tires and down bumpy ****ty roads, I even got it bound up a little which I could feel in the wheel but the tires still would turn, the price was worth it. The brakes are also phenomenal, I spent the money and went with the Pro Stop brakes and holy cow, it stops better than my stock GM trucks. No doubt it’s a big ***** but the tires certainly help out getting it through the trails, I am glad I went with the 40’s.

Yes, I filled the long bed full of ****, figured if I have the room I might as well use it. Brought my son’s XR70 too so he could get some riding in while we were out.

Bruneau River below and the Jarbridge Mountains in the back ground.

My good friend and his 100 series Cruiser, he just drove it to Panama and back.

Old Homestead at the top of a narrow, steep road down to Indian Hot Springs, I came in here last year in the Yukon and it was tight, real tight but we made it down. This year several large boulders have fallen in the road making impassable without winching/hi-lifting them out of the way and we decided it wasn’t worth the time since it was already late in the day I knew of another place to potentially get down to the river.

You can see the trail back out the other side in the distance

The pictures don’t do this place justice.

This large boulder had fallen in the road and we had to stack a few rocks to protect the rockers since I don’t have sliders yet.

We had to stack a few more rocks for the hundy, he has it sold so he didn’t want to damage anything.

I didn’t get any pictures of try to cross the river at the bottom but we were denied, I pulled out into it and it was almost up to the bottom of the front fender well and started to push the truck, I think I could have gotten across but the hundy wouldn’t have made it so we decided to call it a day and camp at the bottom just above the river. We ate like kings and it was a perfect night, when the sun went down natures light show came out in spectacular fashion.

krazytoy

Adventurer
This is the river, as you can see it was kinda full.

The second day we drove back out of the canyon and into Nevada and back to Indian Hot Springs and camped there for the night, it was a long day but beautiful scenery.

More desert beauty

The old bridge across the river near the hot spring.

Last year we camped on this rock bar but it is only accessible from the other side in high water because you can’t cross the bridge. If you look close you can see the steam from the hot spring.

This is the spring

At one time Jasper was mined down there and they used this old truck to winch stuff out of the canyon, there is a cool system that is driven off the rear axles and it had a secondary transmission for gear reduction.

This is the majority of the damage Falkor received, I hit the passenger side rocker slightly but it really didn’t do much damage other than scrape off the paint.

Fun trip and I am looking forward to many more this summer.

Tiki

Observer
I mean, I can just drop my truck off at your shop and you'll let me know when it's ready to go right? Awesome as always man!

DavidS

Observer
Holy Smokes! Suspension is everything! This build is beyond awesome it is also beyond my current ability for fabbing. I doubt my burn will ever be this far but I would use this setup and most like pay someone with your skills to do it.

krazytoy

Adventurer
I mean, I can just drop my truck off at your shop and you'll let me know when it's ready to go right? Awesome as always man!
Sure man, Just be sure to drop off a check for about $13K as well. :)

Holy Smokes! Suspension is everything! This build is beyond awesome it is also beyond my current ability for fabbing. I doubt my burn will ever be this far but I would use this setup and most like pay someone with your skills to do it.
See above. :)

More pics of the suspension stat :drool::smiley_drive:
Did you read the entire thread? There is lots of detailed pics of the suspension there. If there is something in particular you would like to see just let me know.

driver61

Adventurer
Where you stacked the rocks, there is another way just to your left up over the hill...I went down in that way and then came back up around the boulder...Put my rockslider to good use...I'm glad a fullsize on 40's wasn't able to cross...Reaffirms my decision not to try...lol. You and Owyheerat need to keep in touch with me, I'll help you get into Robinson...

This picture is familiar

Bojak

Adventurer
Love the update and pics. Looks like an epic trip.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
477963c61e43b72d9d6b05bb8496b1b1.jpg

Bojak

Adventurer
What's up with the truck? Any progress? Wheels still facing down?

krazytoy

Adventurer
What's up with the truck? Any progress? Wheels still facing down?
Wheels are still touching the ground! Haven't done anything to it other than drive it a little. Taking it to the mountains this weekend so hopefully that will motivate me to get moving on it.
I posted it for sale since I really don't need a truck this capable, if it sells cool and if it doesn't I finish it and keep it.

Bojak

Adventurer
U got a link to the 4sale ad? If I ask I think it means you weren't soliciting. "At least that's what the attorney said!" 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz