Lead Dog Motorsports /Hiker Trailer is here for Support.

Lead Dog

Observer
If there are any questions or pictures needed to help you with your Purchase I'm here to answer or Help. LD.

16836127_1304545812957000_4976449881191459814_o.jpg

80t0ylc

Hill & Gully Rider
If there are any questions or pictures needed to help you with your Purchase I'm here to answer or Help. LD.
I contacted Hiker in CO by email from their website and was told there were no 5x8 Off Road Deluxe models available in CO or Las Vegas. They said soonest I could get one built was late Sept and that was if there were no priority changes, large orders or setbacks. And that was if I ordered right now! I know both Lead Dog & Hiker are making this trailer and isn't LD based out of AZ? Does Lead Dog have any available or a shorter lead time?

Last edited:

Lead Dog

Observer
I contacted Hiker in CO by email from their website and was told there were no 5x8 Off Road Deluxe models available in CO or Las Vegas. They said soonest I could get one built was late Sept and that was if there were no priority changes, large orders or setbacks. And that was if I ordered right now! I know both Lead Dog & Hiker are making this trailer and isn't LD based out of AZ? Does Lead Dog have any available or a shorter lead time?

Right Now I have dates avail for Late July Build, so Aug Delivery would be a little better?

80t0ylc

Hill & Gully Rider
Right Now I have dates avail for Late July Build, so Aug Delivery would be a little better?
Still a long ways away, but thanks! Out of curiosity, how much is required when order is placed? I'm aware that you'll need a sheet filled out with all options requested. Hiker emailed me their option list. Yours may be different, but process is probably the same. TIA for your help!

Lead Dog

Observer
Still a long ways away, but thanks! Out of curiosity, how much is required when order is placed? I'm aware that you'll need a sheet filled out with all options requested. Hiker emailed me their option list. Yours may be different, but process is probably the same. TIA for your help!

Same option Sheet , Same Pricing! 40% Down gets you in line!

80t0ylc

Hill & Gully Rider
Same option Sheet , Same Pricing! 40% Down gets you in line!
Regarding this statement: "Jeep lug pattern Others available" which is actually not on the option sheet, but is the last item on the Hiker website list: "5×8 Off-Road Deluxe includes:" -- I will be towing with an older '94 Toyota Land Cruiser 80 Series. Is the older Toyota 6 lug pattern available & at what cost?

Also, I want matching tires & wheels that I'm running on my rig. They are 33" so they'll fit trailer fenders. How do you handle that?
(I can purchase locally and bring to install when picked up if needed. If so can you take that off the total cost of trailer?)

Just for reference the wheels & tires are available at Les Schwab Tire Centers. Wheels: 8x16 white spoke wagon wheels; Tires: Toyo M55 LT255/85/R16

One last question: Do you have a 3-way articulating off road hitch available? It's not listed in options. Here's a youtube link of an example 3 way hitch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6bdSiaJU6w --- Be nice to have it welded on during build instead of cutting off regular and installing myself.

Last edited:

Lead Dog

Observer
One quick question, how does your 5x8 track behind your JK?

thanks

ratled

Right in the same Track! i run 4.75 Back spacing with 1.5 Spacers on the JK, Trailer pretty much matches 3.25 back spacing wheels. we have several customers towing with TJ's as well no issues.

17192440_10208811076376692_1149604932977006368_o.jpg

Lead Dog

Observer
Regarding this statement: "Jeep lug pattern Others available" which is actually not on the option sheet, but is the last item on the Hiker website list: "5×8 Off-Road Deluxe includes:" -- I will be towing with an older '94 Toyota Land Cruiser 80 Series. Is the older Toyota 6 lug pattern available & at what cost?

Also, I want matching tires & wheels that I'm running on my rig. They are 33" so they'll fit trailer fenders. How do you handle that?
(I can purchase locally and bring to install when picked up if needed. If so can you take that off the total cost of trailer?)

Just for reference the wheels & tires are available at Les Schwab Tire Centers. Wheels: 8x16 white spoke wagon wheels; Tires: Toyo M55 LT255/85/R16

One last question: Do you have a 3-way articulating off road hitch available? It's not listed in options. Here's a youtube link of an example 3 way hitch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6bdSiaJU6w --- Be nice to have it welded on during build instead of cutting off regular and installing myself.

6 on 5.5 is the other option, not sure what yours is?

The trailer come with 285/75x17" so basically a 33".

Lock n Rolls are a option, all trailers are receiver tube ready no matter what Hitch you option for but LnR is the most popular.

80t0ylc

Hill & Gully Rider
6 on 5.5 is the other option, not sure what yours is?

The trailer come with 285/75x17" so basically a 33".

Lock n Rolls are a option, all trailers are receiver tube ready no matter what Hitch you option for but LnR is the most popular.
Perfect, the 6 on 5.5 is what's on my Land Cruiser. Does LD still provide the wheels & tires for this option?

I now see the LnR hitch option on the list - thanks!

The option list has lots to choose from, but other than the 2 I just asked about and roof rack, I'd just be interested in the base off road deluxe model and build it up myself.

As far as the cabinet options, doesn't the base price include cabinet that is shown in the website photos?

If no electrical options are added, the trailer tail lights are wired up with a harness connector to plug into, right?

Also, just noticed that no front stand/jack for tongue is provided or option to add, but the Hiker website looks to have 2 on front of front rack. Are these standard?

Thanks for your help, sorry for all the questions!

Last edited:

Lead Dog

Observer
Perfect, the 6 on 5.5 is what's on my Land Cruiser. Does LD still provide the wheels & tires for this option?

I now see the LnR hitch option on the list - thanks!

The option list has lots to choose from, but other than the 2 I just asked about and roof rack, I'd just be interested in the base off road deluxe model and build it up myself.

As far as the cabinet options, doesn't the base price include cabinet that is shown in the website photos?

If no electrical options are added, the trailer tail lights are wired up with a harness connector to plug into, right?

Also, just noticed that no front stand/jack for tongue is provided or option to add, but the Hiker website looks to have 2 on front of front rack. Are these standard?

Thanks for your help, sorry for all the questions!

Roof Rack Bars are a option @$175 and yes your Trailer will come on Mod Steel Wheels or you can option for alum on either Bolt pattern. It does come with inside cabinetry front and rear includung 2 rear shelves.
Dual ft Jacks are Standard as well as 2 rear Stab Jacks.

80t0ylc

Hill & Gully Rider
Roof Rack Bars are a option @$175 and yes your Trailer will come on Mod Steel Wheels or you can option for alum on either Bolt pattern. It does come with inside cabinetry front and rear includung 2 rear shelves.
Dual ft Jacks are Standard as well as 2 rear Stab Jacks.
I'm pretty much decided the 5x8 Off Road Deluxe is what I want. Need to get some details straight and finances in order. I should be contacting your company soon to order. Thank you for your answers and help!

Capercrew02

Observer
Cochise02 I replied to your question in the other thread for the basic sleeping dimensions. The whole floor is open under the two shelves, so the full 5x8 can be used for sleeping. Shelving is 18" deep. And the bottom shelf sits atleast 20" off the floor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles