Suggest a single burner propane stove?

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
I'm hoping to find a recommended, quality compact single burner propane stove...
Something like this
eg97pt.jpg

I'd love it if it was under or near to $20
Thanks!

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
Thanks!
Think it's decent quality to last for a few months before crapping out?
I didn't know it was available in Walmart...

downhill

Adventurer
A far better choice is this one: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Camp-Che...ategy=PWVUB&visitor_id=WW7iqTLYETuK7H5D5VerpU

This same stove is available under 5 or 6 names at least. I have used these stoves daily for 6 months or more. The one I have now is probably 4 years old. The butane canisters are available at Walmart and almost all outdoor stores. They come in a very usable plastic case. Engaging and disengaging the canister is as easy as moving a lever. The gas control is very good. The canisters are smaller, but seem to last a long time. Mine was outdoors most of the time and suffered a fair bit of abuse. The stove is very light and stable with a heavier pot. All around good stove, and cheap.

MOguy

Explorer
I have had one of these for many many years and it always worked.

If you want cheap and durable they are great, but if you are cooking anything larger than a coffee pot I wouldn't recommend one.

2cf0b436-ed0c-40c4-822b-166f86de6c71_1.610e170ecae1b3809a87a1cc2a154103.jpeg

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
I like the convenience of the small butane ones but I don't want to carry another fuel, already have two on board.
The one from Coleman above is rather big, I used one two years ago from a friend to see if I liked it.

The search continues, thanks

goingcamping

I have several Coleman white gas stoves and a Coleman Guide large 3 burner propane stove which has to be attached to a large propane tank. I have purchased two of these Coleman Powerpack Stoves and not that is all we use. I think these are the best buy in camping stoves for car camping.

captwoody

Adventurer
I have an MSR pocket rocket uses butane/mix fuel fits inside sierra cup fuel canister size of your fist . if you want compact this is it will handle up to 10" pan but can be tippy at that size. cook surface is size of the bottom of your sierra cup

robgendreau

Explorer
I have used the Coleman Powerpack for a LOT of trips. So the generator got attached and unattached very frequently, and eventually stripped. But, being Coleman, I was able to find a replacement at the first place I stopped in the boonies. That's a big advantage of the Coleman stuff.

tlin

Adventurer
NOT a propane unit but if you're open to an alternative, these seem appealing (haven't tried but do have a JetBoil). GL!!

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
I just saw the Partner Steel single burner in person. Looks very solid. Will last forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FordGuy1

Adventurer
A far better choice is this one: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Camp-Che...ategy=PWVUB&visitor_id=WW7iqTLYETuK7H5D5VerpU

This same stove is available under 5 or 6 names at least. I have used these stoves daily for 6 months or more. The one I have now is probably 4 years old. The butane canisters are available at Walmart and almost all outdoor stores. They come in a very usable plastic case. Engaging and disengaging the canister is as easy as moving a lever. The gas control is very good. The canisters are smaller, but seem to last a long time. Mine was outdoors most of the time and suffered a fair bit of abuse. The stove is very light and stable with a heavier pot. All around good stove, and cheap.

Great stove, never gives up. You can get the same one at Chinese markets for $10.00

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
I was at my friend's house earlier today and had mentioned I was looking for a propane stove... He offered​ his unused dual burner... I'm going to try it out and see if I like...

2u9sd9z.jpg

vndpts.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94