2001 Tacoma Ext Cab 4x4 5spd Manual 4cyl w/ Callen Cabover Camper

slogdog

FOR SALE: 2001 Tacoma Ext Cab 4x4 5spd Manual 4cyl w/ Callen Cabover Camper

PRICE: $13,250.00

DESCRIPTION:
148,500 Miles
5TEWM72N0127904120
Please email jsloggy@gmail.com for quickest response.

Not interested in selling camper and truck separate.

My wife and I have a kid on the way and have to sell our beloved Tacoma to make room for a van. The truck just had the major 150,000 mile service done and got a clean bill of health from Santa Cruz Imported Truck Service, which if you're familiar, is the best in town. This included all gear oils and replacing the ball joints, which is notorious amongst this generation.

The truck is basic; manual windows and locks, and no cruise control. The 4cyl does great with the camper, just have to take your time on the big grades in the slow lane. Averages 14-16 MPG.

The Callen camper sleeps 2 comfortably in the cabover, with plenty of room below for gear, fridge, dog, hanging out etc. The bed platform is very efficiently designed to fold up vertically to free up all the space in the camper (see pictures). It has a roof vent, with a 12V fan (replaced last year). A set of leaf springs was professionally added/installed at Deaver in Santa Ana to properly accommodate the load.

It is wired with an auxiliary deep cycle battery which we use to run a 12V fridge which can be included for an additional $400 ($530+tx new) otherwise we will keep it to use in the new van.
-JVC KD-X320BTS Stereo; Bluetooth, SiriusXM, Pandora, iheartradio capable
-Cooper Discoverer ATP 265/75/R16 on 16" Black Steelies, 2 Brand new and 2,+1 spare with ~25,000 miles on them.
-Wired for solar with a SunSaver Solar Controller, though never I never got around to mounting a full size panel on the roof
-Custom welded roof racks that have successfully held several longboards through Baja several times
-Aftermarket billet aluminum latch pivots for rear quarter windows
-All cab bulbs replaced with LEDs
-Fumoto Engine oil drain valve

I hope to be as transparent and upfront as possible so as not to waste your time, or mine. Here are the "issues"/blemishes I am aware of:
-The clear coat is crackling which seems consistent with almost all dark colored Tacomas in this generation
-The black rubberized coating below cab windows has cracked, which doesn't affect anything, just cosmetic
-I've only seen it happen a couple times, but have noticed a small leak in the forward passenger corner of camper that I think needs to be re-caulked. The paneling inside has been a little soft as a result since we bought it, but it's a steel frame, so structurally it's never been an issue.
-AC blows cold but might need to be recharged, the refrigerant is low
-The drive side door lock is a bit finicky, especially with a newer key
-It has has been parked coastal locations for a portion of its life, and shows minor surface rust on undercarriage. Nothing structural.
-A few small dings around the truck, see pictures for details
-There is surface rust on the undercarriage from our last two Baja trips in the rain/mud, as well from living several blacks from the ocean over last few years, nothing I would say describe as out of character for a truck of this age.
-Cigarette lighter outlet in cab lost power a few months ago

This truck is for you if you want and extremely dependable and mechanically sound expedition capable rig that can take you anywhere and don't mind a few minor cosmetic flaws from being used as such. Clean Title. Non-smoker. No accidents. Always maintained.

I'm not in a huge rush to sell. Not interested in trades or lowball offers. Only interested in a cash, local sale. Truck has <148,500K miles on it now, and will be parked until sale so should remain the same.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_20b.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_20b.jpg
    558.4 KB · Views: 600
  • fullsizeoutput_20c.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_20c.jpg
    580.6 KB · Views: 1,000
  • Cab.jpg
    Cab.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 291
  • Camper.jpg
    Camper.jpg