TFL Frontier Pro-4X

XJINTX

Explorer
I'm in the market for a new midsize for my DD. Money wise the basic is a lot of bang for the buck. But I'm old and get off-road some so looking for 4x4 and some extras. I Like both the Frontiers and the Tacomas. One selling point for higher end models is I can at least tell my wife I won't have to mod ;) Right now I'm leaning towards Nissan mainly because a bit less expensive for what I need. I'd like to see a matchup of the Toyota models. Drag race was interesting but not much use to me I'm not a desert runner.

kootenay

Intergalacticsuperintendent
I'm in the market for a new midsize for my DD. Money wise the basic is a lot of bang for the buck. But I'm old and get off-road some so looking for 4x4 and some extras. I Like both the Frontiers and the Tacomas. One selling point for higher end models is I can at least tell my wife I won't have to mod ;) Right now I'm leaning towards Nissan mainly because a bit less expensive for what I need. I'd like to see a matchup of the Toyota models. Drag race was interesting but not much use to me I'm not a desert runner.

The Pro4x is great out of the box. Good balance of tech and gear and value. Definitely drive both he Tacoma and the Frontier, and buy they one you like best. The Frontier is less upfront, and tends to hold a higher percentage of its resale value then the Tacoma. But at the end of the day saving a few a grand to compromise is not something I would want to do. In my case I like the Frontier better, it had a better list of standard features for me. Like rear disc brakes, huge when towing. And the fact that I could get a short bed with the rear locker. In Canada that was not an option.

As for the Drag race, not practical use just silly fun to watch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior