Truck bed slides: Help me decide?

E.J.

Explorer
Climbing into the bed of my Frontier with a Softopper to retrieve things is getting old so I'm pretty set on getting some sort of bed slide. The options are pretty slim for my 59" short bed. I've been eyeing the Jotto Cargo Slide for a while now and was about to pull the trigger but then ran across a similar unit from Front Runner. The Front Runner is pretty attractive in that they are advertising it for offroad use, has the nice tie down points, and has nearly 100% extension. The Jotto is a little more money (even more considering the cost of adding the floor) and supposedly only pulls out 75% but holds almost twice the weight. I cant imagine loading up 1000# of camping gear but I'd think extra capacity would equal sturdier construction right?
Anybody have any experience with either of these slides?

Last edited:

FR-Steve

Thanks for having us in mind! Feel free to shoot us a call or message if you have any questions on our slides.

Rezarf <><

Explorer
I handled a Front Runner tray for the bed of a Jeep and I was super impressed, I don't think it will disappoint you in any way for your intended purposes.

Pinnacle Campers

Chateau spotter
The general issue with any of them is loss of overall height. Most I see are 3-4" tall.
Looks like the front runner slider is in that ball park too. Although that could be to the height of the sides and not the adjusted bed height. Steve, if you are listening how much height would someone expect to lose?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94