ARB intensity 7" LED lights, who has them?

prerunner221

Adventurer
So I'm looking to upgrade my lighting. After several trips through the mountains of Georgia and Tennessee, and a recent cross country trip to Colorado, I discovered I need a little more lighting. I like the current set up, but I'm looking for further reaching and and brighter light than I currently have.

Currently I'm running Lightforce 170s with amber filters, amber Rigid D2's in the bumper and a Rigid 10" across the top of the bumper. They work pretty well in different conditions local to me, but while traveling I felt it was lacking and wanted way more light in the mountains and on the highway.

I'm looking to take off the Lightforce 170's and Rigid 10" and replacing them with one spot and one flood and mounting them where the 170's currently are. I'm looking for feedback on these lights and if they are worth ditching what I have and dropping $1,000.00. My other option is just putting a 50" Rigid SR bar on the roof in addition to what I already have, but I'm not crazy about drilling the roof.

Thanks for any feedback folks!

Picture of the current set-up.

16998905_10155096298034494_568319913604537729_n.jpg

lugueto

Adventurer
I personally don't like roof mounted bars, too much fiddling to reduce glare on the hood.

If you want LED's, the ARB's are probably the way to go. Look at Baja Designs as well, they have some pretty impressive lights.

You could try changing the amber filters/lenses on your lights for clear ones. You can always put amber filters when needed all those lights, and remove them for when you need maximum output.

paranoid56

Adventurer
I have the knock offs ($120 shipped for a pair) and they are awesome, spots shoot super far, havnt tried a flood, but my roofbar does that well.
as much as i wanted the real ARBs, i have way to much other stuff to buy still lol.
my first pair of the 7" ones are still running strong after 2 years, and just picked up another pair the other day for the new truck.

plh

Explorer
I'm not really a fan of LED lights for driving. I have a 22" LED bar mounted low on my ARB for off road. I do have a pair of old school IPF 900 series Halogens mounted on my ARB that are fantastic on dark deserted highways.

Stitebunny

Adventurer
I have some Hella Rallye 4000 hid pencil beams and if far reaching is what you are after I think you wouldn't go wrong with those. I would think even the halogen ones would be impressive.
Not the latest technology by any means. But they work well for sure.

Webfoot

Observer
Ah, that makes sense. I just spent $$$ on Baja Designs lights because they are one of very few brands on the market that are not 6000K+ CCT, which I also have problems with. Hopefully they live up to their billing.

krax

Adventurer
Is it just me, or is there a lot of stuff on that bumper blocking airflow to the radiator? Not talking trash; seriously asking.

prerunner221

Adventurer
There is, but I do a lot of traveling and live in Florida and it's never been an issue. My last trip was late June/early July and drove a couple 15 hours days and had no issues.

Hnoroian

Observer
Which Amber filters are you running on the 170's?

How far out are you looking to reach out? The terrain you traveled seems woody with switchbacks and a few valleys could your aim be off? I thought I had lights aimed at home well, complete darkness in the sand dunes and then in the mountains, I was not far off but what a difference that fraction of movement made.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz