Key chains

wbpolk

Alright, I search on Tapatalk and got nothing, so you overlanders what does your keychain look like. Sure some have keys from things they prob don't have anymore and some have bare bone chain. Let's see them! I need Idea for a functional keychain, I feel like I am bound to loose my key soon if I don't put something on it.

Last edited:

FJOE

Regular Dude
No pics, but mine are car key, house key, bottle opener. Standard split ring on a CAMP Nano carabiner.

lugueto

Adventurer
Leatherman carabiner (5mm hex for bits and bottle opener) and retro 90's Toyota logo keychain.

Pics soon.

RDK13

Observer
All I carry is my vehicle key on a very small split ring and use a small snap link. I can remove the snap link and secure my key while I'm SCUBA diving, at the beach, at amusement parks, at PT or anywhere I don't want my key to get wet or have a key on me. I can put my key in a key lock box (like real estate agents use on houses) and lock it to the frame under the vehicle out of sight. If you have keyless entry and start you have to remove the battery. Learned that trick while in stationed in Hawaii

Airmapper

Inactive Member
Well I'm in the 4Runner today so here are those keys. (photo below)

Unique stuff is the 3D printed name plate and the whiztag.

The whiztag I might ditch. It runs a script on my phone to turn on Bluetooth, turn up the volume, and open the music player so it can link to the head unit. Now my FM antenna works I don't use it as much, just when I don't want to listen to regular FM.

The Xterra keys don't really have anything extra on them, just a tiny cloth tag I got with my winch thimble that has a logo on it.

The S-binder is awesome, I wear that every day on my belt loop. I like it a lot better than a normal carabiner, no particular reason it just seems separating the part attached to you and the part holding the keys makes handling it smoother, no chance of the key rings coming off when you open it to remove it from your person.

I have a separate key ring with my work keys and a thumb drive holder so it lets me quickly exchange out different sets of keys. My vehicles are different sets, so it's modular, grab whichever sets of keys I need for the day and hook them on.

hVrbkUzCY22bPyH2vyDeTc3IfoDj5MDYREZMGJ66IIUhuwX9RMlfljxg8j-hDtKwAwQUe-5FyfyfSxpQBmR-IP_L29YhtGQgRuQD5nmOMwG6CHv5HD7iNjgzWtAvXZ-o_enqzn0O0gWHV9R7NDo6mdreGtpoR0QYwcL8EsT5XJtQggXZJx0iCbMoCzfKTkPuNGl5zKE2Qp0ytIOcdqbtoAAg2jhJvsjwOOx-FS_iaryb_Z1xntiqk9WV8hPtjINCve6l8b1xrUH7OdmdHmjZEYJJqPMnN-g8sLmmorRm_SgQdNT8qBJNP9PLqmcgdxCjk3hBWUrQ4m1mXL5Wd0Hhk0iMvCEvg_e5rzhfZ9TTpLGpKaff7YBCkxObUqw8cCPiWrUzQgtD0gzwt45YkxzrJLN1Ms8_UEKCVmLp4sQVGLDnwN-y03WAV5e4vvCBe4fAwc-lcwZ4L3c4zJpm03y3jUOlHoKPQY-tpcdkuFGJfUP7bDzQ-NgavvYPbnuubQRCHB3UbBmpsQyR-umDZgAgtB38EU0spqUW1BwqBPBm3jo1hzuwhh1BAihWwZVPhAxarbKc25dZ5QM7N1HyeGPE-QXbFp_Vp3cKMjQrs7cwW7jZMJtpci_1U5K0Trw1zKdbuZqs4NTQunabI6Msl57oKsOPFPQzyP0skWQUdjKVGQ=w1392-h783-no

Couldn't be happier with the Nite-Ize S-Biner Ahhh. Also have a key-sized leatherman screwdriver/tool thing.

Attachments

• SBO_Feature_00_n.jpg
    SBO_Feature_00_n.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 394
  • lt832121x1000.jpg
    lt832121x1000.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 27

plh

Explorer
Single key, ring and small black plastic tag. Small and light weight. The '05 has just the key and fob.

krax

Adventurer
S-biner Ahhh with:
Smart key fob with drawer key on a small ring
House key on a small ring
Squeeze light, SERE "V" cutter (TSA-friendly box knife), and two Screw-Keys on a small ring

CoolMooseMan

Samurai Investor
I'll Play

I just finished mine actually!

It is a Harbor Freight Torx multi tool, with the Torx bits removed and replaced with keys!

It was about $4 for the tool, and some spare "S" hooks and washers that I had lying around.

So far it works nice, except for these keys these days with transponders in them so I can't get a flat key for my truck to put it in the holder... Oh well.

20170316_154519.jpg

20170316_154633.jpg

JBL13

No key chain or ring for my '02 Tacoma key. So there's nothing to bang around on the dash or steering column while off the pavement. Also less stress on the ignition switch.

I keep a spare Tacoma key on a ring with my other keys in my pocket.

B

BPD53

This is just half of them.

Attachments

• IMG_0439.jpg
    IMG_0439.jpg
    528.5 KB · Views: 12

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne