Broverlanding 3rd gen flatbed Four Wheel Camper Tacoma

dumprat

Adventurer
Its not overlanding to me and what i feel the definition is. Its car camping while offroading.

Overlanding is what i think of when i was in saudi where you are 100s of miles at any given time from civilization going places.
Canada in many places would qualify for me.

But really. We are all just car camping.

Now that is an honest statement!!!
Canada has lots of spots where you can be away from people for 100's of kilometres if you like. Heck I drove up to the north end of Vancouver island on Tuesday for something to do and on the main and only highway we went sections and never saw another vehicle for almost an hour.

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
So here is the current update

Did a little offroading and experimenting in the truck.
Untitled by Grant Wilson, on Flickr

PLayed with crawl control and a few other features that were pretty cool. Overall its a great truck, ride a bit better through hte rougher stuff than the outback. Should get even better with the BP51s

Put a big order in with CBI this weekend also. I used their water can holders on the outback and trailer, as well, I have installed about a dozen bumpers or sliders from them for others and have been nothing but happy with them. Excited to finally have a vehicle I can put the full gear on!

Ordered a front bumper with grill guard
Rear bumper with swingout, jerry can holder and table
Sliders without kickout
Front skid
Ditch Brackets

Estimated ship date is May1

The wait is torture, but the end result is awesome. Stealing someone elses pics

Hopefully it wont break Tacorunner_ on IG had his Pelfrey Built break

Screen Shot 2017-03-19 at 2.11.57 PM by Grant Wilson, on Flickr
Screen Shot 2017-03-19 at 2.12.48 PM by Grant Wilson, on Flickr

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
Decided I wanted to mount my FoxWing awning from my trailer.

I had some aluminum tube around, and some other ****, so i made a rack and awning mount. Not sure why noone offers this as an option. I may suck the awning in about 1.5-2" but at this point, its the same exact height as an awning mounted to a roof rack, clears the door and fits the bed perfect to wrap around

CMARJEEP

Observer
That awning mount is pretty cool but around here it would get ripped off on a rock ledge or tree in no time. And probably take the bed with it.

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
That awning mount is pretty cool but around here it would get ripped off on a rock ledge or tree in no time. And probably take the bed with it.
Then anyone with a bed cap and awning mounted on it would have it all ripped off too.

Alternatively. Dont drive like a dip**** and get things ripped off. Take a different route. It isn't hard.

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
Ordered some yummyness yesterday! Should be here in a few days
BP51 kit with heavy front springs and dakar spring pack. Ill put the spring pack in when the camper comes in, leave in the AAL thats in there now for the lift.

http://ok4wd.com/shop-by-vendor/old...lift-kit-for-2005-toyota-tacoma-ometac16bp51b
arbome_ek2301b1tacoma2005onwards_final_copy_2__49302.1461962274.1280.1280_3.jpg

And an Alucab Shadow Awning
http://ok4wd.com/alu-cab-shadow-awning
436_4.jpg

I really wanted to get rid of the poles from the foxwing, so decided to upgrade

Foxwing and ARB awning are for sale!

Benc

Explorer
Very nice!
Just make sure you get the updated rear spring with the isolation pads on every leaf! If not the will squeak like crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
Nice choices in gear so far. You're going to love those BP-51's :truck:

good lord i hope not.
Very nice!
Just make sure you get the updated rear spring with the isolation pads on every leaf! If not the will squeak like crazy.

called to make sure, and it is in fact updated!

So lots of fun today.
Alucab Awning happened to arrive today instead of monday! Installed that, the PA loudspeaker, and some other stupid things.

Alucab Awning by Grant Wilson, on Flickr

Upon installation, i found out you needed to mount the hinge as well. So back into the shop i went

Got damn thing is supported now. To the beach tomorrow!

Benc

Explorer
I love the alucab awnings!
I'm curious to see if you will need more support on the hinge? Those take a tremendous amount of pressure when deployed!

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
I love the alucab awnings!
I'm curious to see if you will need more support on the hinge? Those take a tremendous amount of pressure when deployed!

I tried it quickly and it seemed fine. I picked up 4 bolts, and the support to the rack with triangulation should do it. 2 months. just 2 months till the camper is here

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles