Expedition Mitsubishi Challenger

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
Thanks for the details on the shower Jon, i like it. I was mistaken though, i thought it was air pressurized from your original description.

I use a portable ZODI system currently and want to eventually install something like yours. At 1.1gpm how many showers per water container?

I would need a heat exchanger in a shower system as i camp in mostly cooler weather... not much in the heat of summer.

mrbishi

Adventurer
OverlandXJ - sorry about that I guess I meant pressurised with a water pump rather than gravity fed.

I haven't actually had a shower with it (a quick spray off after a surf or a swim at the beach) so to be honest I'm not sure. Theoretically at full power it will empty a 20litre jerry can in 5 minutes. I'm sure there would be a way to rig up an inline hose to slow the flow even further.

It gets used for washing up water, drinking water, rinsing off water etc. Eventually I am going to rig up a Helton heat exchanged and have a proper shower setup.

Check out my mate JeffWA's helton shower setup and Nissan Patrol:

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showpost.php?p=245210&postcount=5

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16944

Last edited:

spray

Observer
GDay Mrbishi

A inline restricter could be easily setup with retic parts. Those little diaphragm pumps work better with some restriction on them any way

cheers spray

JeffWA

Spray & Mrbishi, What are you do drongos doing on here!? LOL:sport_box

Yeah thats why I had so much pressure out of the pump in my old surf, because the hose had heaps of restriction in it, made it work great! :wings:

mrbishi

Adventurer
Few more pictures from last weekend. The ammo box in the back now carries a Magnum hand winch, cable, ARB extension strap, snatch block etc.

2727107273_0e7264d05d_o.jpg

2727935366_5226cec325_o.jpg

2727934394_72a2ea8294_o.jpg

2727928086_a714a41e02_o.jpg

Overland Hadley

on a journey
mrbishi,

Great to have you here on ExPo!

I have been really enjoying the photos of your truck and your travels. Keep them coming.

Air Sierra

Nice rig!!!

My wife has a 2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport XLS that she has given me the green light to build for a expedition rig and just use our TJ as a rock rig.

So my question is who makes sespension part for these Montero's so I can stuff 32-33" tires under it??

Thanks!

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
Air Sierra said:
Nice rig!!!

My wife has a 2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport XLS that she has given me the green light to build for a expedition rig and just use our TJ as a rock rig.

So my question is who makes sespension part for these Montero's so I can stuff 32-33" tires under it??

Thanks!

Have you looked into the Old Man Emu setup?

FlyingWen

Explorer
Nice set up!

OME does have suspension parts/kit available your your rig. If you have any questions or need pricing, let me know,

Spikepretorius

Explorer
32's fit. I have 32's on my truck. They touch a teeny bit at the back of the front wheel arch but I live with it. They rub against the steering box as well, which I also just put up with. I stayed with std wheels (7J) to stay as narrow as possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles