Sahara Desert in Land Rovers...

James130

Hello All,

Just came across your website - a great read, source of info and inspiration..!

I have completed an number of trips from the UK to and across the Sahara desert, including: Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco, Western Sahara, Mauritania and Mali...
My biggest trip was a 10,000 miler from London to Timbuktu and back...

All trips done in Land Rovers, including:
Defender 130 custom built camper
Defender 110 with Dormobile pop-top camper roof conversion
Discovery with roof tent

If anyones's interested, there are plenty of photos and details of Land Rovers on my website
www.JamesUK.net

Hope you like it...

James Stephenson
Defender 130 camper
Based UK

articulate

Expedition Leader
James130 said:
Hello All,

Just came across your website - a great read, source of info and inspiration..!

I have completed an number of trips from the UK to and across the Sahara desert, including: Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco, Western Sahara, Mauritania and Mali...
My biggest trip was a 10,000 miler from London to Timbuktu and back...

All trips done in Land Rovers, including:
Defender 130 custom built camper
Defender 110 with Dormobile pop-top camper roof conversion
Discovery with roof tent

If anyones's interested, there are plenty of photos and details of Land Rovers on my website
www.JamesUK.net

Hope you like it...

James Stephenson
Defender 130 camper
Based UK

I'll forewarn you that we're going to want a thread about that D 130 camper. :) And I am highly interested in the stories involved with a "10,000 miler from London to Timbuktu and back..."

Great website and photos, too.

Cheers,
Mark

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome James
I enjoyed looking at your website, some amazine travels you have had.

I sure wish I had a tdi in my Discovery!

And it was great to see your trip to Corsica. I proposed to my wife on the top of Bavella in Corse!!!! We spent a week sailing around the island and then a week traversing it in a Renault Kongoo!!

Hope you enjoy ExPo!

Brian

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
I second the request about the 130. I spent a day at the Foley shop in Livingstone, Zambia, and had a great time looking through their custom projects.

Nice to have another Land Rover owner here, James. Nathan and Graham and Brian need more allies!

datrupr

Expedition Leader
James, welcome to ExPo!!!!!! Jonathan, don't forget that Bluerunner has recently aquired an LR, and there are a couple more brave adventurous souls that own LR's. And, like everyone else here, James, we need a thread on your 130, I need some more s*%t to drool over.

PCRover

Adventurer
Nice site James! As with others I am interested in that 130. It's always fun to hear about the adventures of another Land Rover owner.

DaktariEd

2005, 2006 Tech Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
Welcome, James!
Boy, now you've done it!
Opened a can of worms with that 130.
Now you have to tell all...
:victory:
Ed

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
So, this new guy shows up and teases us with photos of his trips and great Land Rovers, then just disappears! Where'd you go, James?

James130

Sorry - have been a bit busy...

Sorry for not being more active here - have been a bit busy...

If anyone wants more info or photos please let me know what style you want the info presented...

Maybe a photo guided tour..?

Best regards,
James
Defender 130 camper
www.JamesUK.net

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
James, the people in this group are sponges for information. The more, the better. We'd love to have the details of your 130 build when you have the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles