bigger diesel tank in Vario 814DA?

docka

Adventurer
Another vote for Dinitrol, much easier to apply and you don't have to warm the tins in hot water first :coffee:

View attachment 400567
Mario this is a tank that has been removed. Sorry for picture quality.

Thanks for the shots of the fuel tank and your truck PTN, looks like an interesting build, your cab's been on a bit of an extreme diet!...

Unfortunately the fuel tank on mine is located much further forward (just behind the drivers door). There is a compressed air reservoir where your tank is... Would have been nice to find something that would just slot in though.

Thanks anyway.

in transit Pete

i like the suggestion of a much bigger tank i have 80litres in mine and have spent a year trying to find the larger tank in scrap yards, ford do a transit 120litre version but i have never managed to find on in a scrap yard or advertised any where for sale. i have considering buying a second seperte tank, exctly the same as i have now and fitting it side by side but after looking and measuring it wont fit.

i have looked on line at firms in the uk that can make , weld, fabricate a new larger tank but the costs do make it to much for the saving and costs.

part time nomad

Adventurer
fuel tank

Mario, dont worry about the compressed air tank, that can live anywhere! just remove the pipes and tank and relocate the tank to the most convienient position, then refit the tank and extend the air pipes to suit, its as easy as that, you can buy the pipe from any commercial motor factor for a few quid.
as long as you dont mix up the pipes its not a problem, any valves affixed to the tank can stay on it.

mine was in the same place as yours but I relocated it on the other side, allowing space for the larger tank, the tank that I fitted between the chassis rails behind the gearbox was actually a Land Rover 90 tank that holds 90 L and has a built in pump to transfer, but I am having issues filling it so may change in the future.

If you want a 125L tank let me know I may be able to locate one!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles