My Family's Overlanding Vlog Series - First Trip with our Turtleback Released

Eagle05

Adventurer
Hello everyone! Just wanted to let you know vlog 21 is out!

Jason,
I'm glad you're having such a great time with the trailer. The matching wheels and tires look great, and you're videos keep getting better.
The music and editing was a lot of fun on that one.

Jasonko

Jason,
I'm glad you're having such a great time with the trailer. The matching wheels and tires look great, and you're videos keep getting better.
The music and editing was a lot of fun on that one.

Ah thanks!! Brought it out to expo west and it got to hang out with the guys that built it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Srpat

Observer
I picked up a phantom 3 a couple weeks ago. Seemed like it should be easy to fly from all the reviews. Still learning. I also have two daughters, Evelyn and Lily.

Jasonko

I picked up a phantom 3 a couple weeks ago. Seemed like it should be easy to fly from all the reviews. Still learning. I also have two daughters, Evelyn and Lily.

That's awesome! Welcome to the drone family!

Are you serious? You have two daughters named Evelyn and lily??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

patoz

Expedition Leader
Hi Jason,

I watched all of your videos last night and those are great. Very well done and professional looking. I hate you lost your camera, and even worse you got to see it crushed. But, at least you now have closure on it and won't be wondering what happened to it when you didn't find it.

I live in Pensacola, FL, and am in the process of converting the rear half of an ambulance to a camper trailer, which will be towed by a 2004 4WD F-250 PU truck. My build thread is in my signature, but I have something else in the works also. Once I get it ready enough to be used, I want to start doing some local trips to check it out. What part of Florida are you located in?

I have camped all my life, including backpacking, from canoes, kayaks, bicycles, in tents and then in SUVs and trucks with camper shells. I'm getting older now (63 y/o retired Firefighter with back problems), so I decided I needed something with a little more creature comforts, hence the converted ambulance camper. I like wilderness camping much more than pay campgrounds, so I'm building it to handle mild off-road conditions so I can get there...I hope!

I have also been interested in drone photography even before most people ever heard of it, but never got into it. I would love to hook up with you when I get my camper ready, and talk a little shop about it.

If you are ever going to be in the Pensacola area camping, give me a shout (PM) and I'll see if I can meet you at the campground.

patoz

Expedition Leader
That looked like the area around Cheaha State Park, which is one of my favorite camping places. I used to stay there many times while rock climbing in the area.

BTW, is your truck 4WD or 2WD? If it's 4WD, there were several times in the video when you were trying to climb out of a mud hole on the road, where your front wheels were not pulling at all. They weren't even trying to turn. Just FYI, but I thought you should know.

Bravo8Delta

I watched your videos over the last couple nights at work. I have absolutely enjoyed the fact that the kids trek along and sometimes interrupt. Subscribed, keep them coming!

SnoViking

Adventurer
Haha. Thanks! Yep, they're constantly interrupting! Like all the time! (even off-camera, haha)

This is one of the many attributes which make your videos so enjoyable..... I (and most other parents) can easily relate to the interruptions by little people.... :********:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles