For Sale 99 D-I $7000 Located in Central NC

JTrogdo

For Sale – 99 D-I SD

$7000.00

I purchased Disco roughly a year ago, the original for sale post is below, and my description follows the original post.

Rovertrader

'99 LR Discovery I rust free Cali truck, white, worth a look!!
For those of you that don't know me, I have had several joint replacements and fusions, and it is time to travel and quit working on/restoring/modding so many vehicles (a life long hobby). The kids are doing great at home schooling, as we just this year entered the State sponsored Homeschool Charter School, which gives us the freedom to travel and roam! And we are taking advantage of same to the fullest!! Consequently, my 2016 resolution is to liquidate all the vehicles, and get on down the trail!! I am selling off several, aka all but one, of my Land Rovers and letting destiny decide which one I keep- the last one standing!! So, on to the specifics:

This is a Cali rust free '99 D-I, last year, SD model with no s/r's!! It is showing 136k miles, but had a new engine aprox 50k miles ago. In the last 1k miles, I have added new springs and shocks (+2"), alignment, rear ladder, SD roof rack, Hella 4000s on front of rack (2/ea full size, 2/ea compacts) and PIAA on rear, ARB bumper with Warn winch and 2/ Hella 1000s as well as Cree LED light bar, and hood blackout. All lights are wired and work correctly via separate fuse block and NOT integrated into the factory harness. Also, new WOLF wheels with new BFG A/T KOs in 235/85-16, Factory carpet mats front to rear as well as rubber mats overlaid. Stereo head unit has been upgraded. Recent headliner, no sags or issues. All maintenance up to date, everything works as it should except the cruise control. Cold weather package with heated seats, power seats work, but driver side is a bit slow. There is a 1" cut on the driver seat, but recent Exmoor canvas seat covers on front seats have been fitted. Requisite D-II cup holders added. Rear loadspace has a mat from a previous vehicle that is very HD and has dividers which come in quite handy. The elevated two section console lid is not included- it is the only one I have seen and provides support for my shoulder which has had a total joint replacement. No dash lights on, nothing needing addressed to the best of my knowledge. I must however caution, this is a 17 yo British 4x4 and as such, there is no warranty expressed or implied in any way!! Take care of it, and it will take care of you and your family.

While not the cheapest Disco I's available, it cannot be replicated for double the ask of $9950/OBRO. Ready to drive and enjoy, and if any of the stickers are offensive, they are easily removable. This is just a good solid example of one of Land Rover's best offerings!! Honestly one of my favorite vehicles to drive!!

LR 1.jpg
LR2.jpg
LR3.jpg
LR4.jpg

The following is meant to only reflect the factual basis of my experience with the Disco and not reflect one way or another on the actual purchase. I say this to avoid any controversy as I have no need or time for it.

I met with the seller, liked the truck (1st land rover product for me), and made an offer that was accepted. After taking delivery of the vehicle, I took it to my local shop for an inspection and oil change (this was in order to title and register the vehicle in my name). I was contacted by the shop and they alerted me that the Disco failed inspection due to the following codes – multiple misfire faults, 02 sensors (2), and purge valve fault. After picking it up, I pulled the dash and found that the check engine light bulb had been removed. The seller was contacted, we were able to reconcile, and I began making a series of needed repairs. This is not a primary vehicle, I’ve only driven it roughly 1,800 miles since I purchased it. Unless otherwise noted everything works as it should. I have a lot more invested than my asking price, please be kind with comments as this is/was my first LR.

Repaired and/or replaced items are as follows- Documentation Available, Parts are from Atlantic British (For those of you familiar with the Atlantic British Service kits, I have ordered and installed A,C,D,F,L,&K kits)

Drivers Door lock assembly and gasket
Power Steering Reservoir, return hose, and suction hose
02 sensors
Purge valve
Air Filter
Cleaned Mass Air Flow Sensor
Front and Rear Drive Shaft serviced – rear roto flex eliminated
Installed check engine light
Replaced interior shifter lights
Fuel Filter Replaced
Wipers replaced
Diff / Axle / Swivel Housing /Transfer Case Maintenance performed
Transmission Serviced
Engine Oil Changed (again)
Right Rear tail lamp housing replaced – All bulbs replaced both rear
Installed dog guard
Installed rear privacy cover (used)
Replaced shifter and park brake boots
Fire Extinguisher installed / High Lift Jack Installed / Some stickers removed
Brakes are at about half-life 6-8 mm or there about
Heat and AC are fine

The following are some points that I am compelled to point out as I myself missed them upon my initial inspection.

Rear window gasket and both side window gaskets are split in several spots, however the PO used RTV or something similar to cover the splits. The vehicle is currently garaged kept so I’ve not noticed any water leaks, but even when I have had it out in the rain and snow I’ve noted any leaks.

Alpine window gaskets appear new – I did note a small area of surface rust in the bottom corners under gaskets, I understand this to be common rust point on Disco’s. (no other rust located during my inspection)

Luggage rack bars have been cut to accommodate the low profile SD roof rack

Rear window regulators have been bypassed, they work all the time by the switch whether truck is on or not
Spare BFG AT is an older model and doesn’t match the others, however they are the same size.

Both the left and right front quarters/wings have been removed / replaced – I didn’t run a car fax and I don’t see any indications of front end damage.

Clear coat is peeling on right rear door approx a 1” x 6” area

Current problems or needed repairs are as follows

Cruise control doesn’t work
Passenger side door lock works intermittently with auto lock, works fine with key and/or from the interior
Right rear tail brake lamp works intermittently
Drivers heated seat works but is very slow to heat
Drivers power seat works, but as noted when I purchased it is still very slow, of note with no weight on the seat, it moves fine.
Driver’s door pocket broken
Rear hatch storage pockets are cracked/broken (both sides)
On a recent trip to the NC Mountains, I noticed the temp was slightly above the 9 O’clk position while driving up the mountain, I understand this to mean the cooling system may be in need of being baselined with a new t-stat? Normal driving has not revealed any issues, but clearly while the motor is under a heavy load it’s heating up.

gmacmt

Adventurer
More evidence of Rover trader asking a premium price for vehicles he says are in mint shape but need serious work. Looks like you have resolved the issues and made a clean rig out of it, glws.

JTrogdo

Thanks for the kind words -

I also wanted to update the sale thread by listing the addition of an on board viair tank and compressor (medium duty). It is not installed at this time but will be included with the sale of the Disco.

regards,

JT

workmeistr

More evidence of Rover trader asking a premium price for vehicles he says are in mint shape but need serious work. Looks like you have resolved the issues and made a clean rig out of it, glws.

Never forget:
http://forum.expeditionportal.com/t...very-XD-Eco-Challenge?highlight=discovery+eco
http://www.defendersource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72580&referrerid=15864

Luckily, the vehicle is now in good hands:
http://forum.expeditionportal.com/t...D-Eco-Challenge-build?highlight=discovery+eco

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94