My First Van -- Starburst E350

FROADER

Adventurer
Nicely done! What color are you painting the whole van when the time comes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UHAULER

Explorer
Finally had some time for my low budget paint job. I had originally planned on using Rustoleum with spray gun on the whole thing but colors are limited. After going back and forth, I settled on Rustoleum white for the top and Rustoleum Tan bedliner paint in a can for the Rest of the body. I still have to do the back and eventually the door jambs.
DSC00176copy.jpgDSC00225copy.jpgDSC00224copy.jpg
DSC00223copy.jpgDSC00226copy.jpgDSC00227copy.jpg

FROADER

Adventurer
What a difference, it looks great!

Can you get a close up of the Rustoleum bedliner to see the texture?

UHAULER

Explorer
What a difference, it looks great!

Can you get a close up of the Rustoleum bedliner to see the texture?

I'll get a pic tomorrow. It Doesn't have the thick texture of real bedliners, it has a texture like 100 grit sandpaper. it's about $10 a can at autozone. The best thing to do is get a can and experiment on something too see if you like the texture.

ClubWagon

Observer
Looks great! That's what I used for my van except I used the black. I did mine back last September. Still looks like it did the day I did it. It's held up really well so far. I've had at least half a dozen bike handle bars skid across the sides and it didn't even leave a mark. I bought mine off amazon. It tends to jump around in price between 5-10 bucks a can. I think it cost me about 50 bucks to do the whole van except for the roof. I still need to get the roof finished. I ran out of good weather and time last year. Hoping to get it finished up here soon.

ClubWagon

Observer
Here is a upclose pic of mine. It is pretty close to worn 100 grit sand paper. I say worn because it has the same texture but is somewhat smooth. If that makes any sense. It's also stayed surprisingly clean even through the winter months. It never really got that salt white haze look to it at all. Any little bit of rain that we get keeps it quite clean. So going on 8 months and I'm still glad I went with it. Time will tell on how much it fades but if it does I'll probably just re spray. I actually prefer the look over shiny paint that constantly looks like it needs washed but that's just me.

image.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne