My First Van -- Starburst E350

UHAULER

Explorer
The last time we camped was a year ago when we had a Northstar camper so I am trying to find and organize stuff. Bought 4 huge totes for under the bed and made some simple fold down tables for the back doors. I'm not going to make to many things permanent until we see how everything works out.

DSC00262copy.jpg DSC00264copy.jpg

DSC00270copy.jpg DSC00269copy.jpg

DSC00266copy.jpg DSC00268copy.jpg

FROADER

Adventurer
I like the tables. I plan on something similar. I'm trying to decide if I want a box included or just the table like you have.
Did you just screw into the plastic panels for the tables, or did you use bolts backed with nuts?

UHAULER

Explorer
I like the tables. I plan on something similar. I'm trying to decide if I want a box included or just the table like you have.
Did you just screw into the plastic panels for the tables, or did you use bolts backed with nuts?

I just used sheet metal screws through the plastic and into the metal. They might be temporary, eventually I would like to cut the doors out for more storage and build new fold out tables. The 1/8" cable is probably overkill.
I'm just trying to get the van usable for now and refine things as I go rather than spend lots of time and effort on something only to change it later.

UHAULER

Explorer
Trying to decide what to do for window coverings, curtains or a solid material. I'm going to try out these solid panels. They are made out of 1/4"x 4" tongue and groove pine.

DSC00271copy.jpg DSC00272copy.jpg

DSC00273copy.jpg DSC00279copy.jpg

DSC00280copy.jpg

landlordy

Nice job man, wish i could just spray paint a van. My paint skills are so bad I dont even dare do it on a bumper LOL. Anyhow yours is coming along beautifully. The only problem I see is you have to change the name, I mean starburst was perfect but not so much anymore :)

UHAULER

Explorer
Nice job man, wish i could just spray paint a van. My paint skills are so bad I dont even dare do it on a bumper LOL. Anyhow yours is coming along beautifully. The only problem I see is you have to change the name, I mean starburst was perfect but not so much anymore :)

Thanks, This van had everything going for it except for the color. If it had been any normal color I would have left it. There is no way I could have painted it a nice automotive finish and it would cost thousands to have it done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles