My First Van -- Starburst E350

Jsweezy

Explorer
Can you turn and hit a bump at the same time without the front tires hitting?

Van looks good, I like the color scheme but I'm biased.

UHAULER

Explorer
Can you turn and hit a bump at the same time without the front tires hitting?

Van looks good, I like the color scheme but I'm biased.

With the front fenders trimmed there isn't any rubbing even when turned and twisted up or hitting bumps.

UHAULER

Explorer
The steps you made, are they only bolted at the body flange??

It's kinda hard to describe but here is a quick drawing. There is a "pocket" in the van body. The steps are made of 1 1/4" sq. tube with plate on top. The tube goes up into the pocket, with a little grinding of the top of the tube to taper them. A couple of pieces of flat bar are welded to the tube to bolt through the body flange.

EDIT- not sure if it is 1" or 1 1/4" tubing it's too cold dark and wet outside to go look:D

DSC00363copy.jpg

UHAULER

Explorer
The last 3 months it's been used it to haul dirt bikes. With the nice weather we've had, it was time to start tinkering on the van. The carpet was nasty so I ripped it out and put down laminate flooring. I also built a little cabinet to organize things a little better. Nothing fancy, just some plywood I already had and some pine for the front and top.
DSC00377.JPG DSC00381.JPG
DSC00385.JPG DSC00386.JPG

RVflyfish

Fishing is life. The rest is details.
Looking good. Where are you located in NorCal? I'm up here too, in Sonoma County. Would love to see your rig in person.

UHAULER

Explorer
I'm going to take a step back and rethink what I need. I have a 15 yr old dog who can't go on long walks and explore and my wife has real bad arthritis so she can't get around good. She also wants more amenities like a real bathroom and shower. Sometimes what you want and what you really need are two different things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles