My First Van -- Starburst E350

UHAULER

Explorer
I've always wanted a van. My grandma bought a new , green E150 in 1975 and back then I thought it was cool. Growing up riding dirt bikes I wanted a moto van but was always a pickup guy. After having two different Northstar campers on an 02 f350 and a small toyhauler before that, it was time to try a van.

Originally I wanted a 10' srw box van but decided that a fiberglass high top would work. Watching craigslist for a while this van kept calling me back, I'm not sure I should have answered:sombrero: First things are to paint it, basic camper interior and make sure it is reliable. if I still like it then possibly a 2wd lift and 33" tires or TTB dana 50.

1998 Ford E350, V10, 200k miles. I bought it from the second owner, he bought it in 1999 and had it converted into tour bus.

THE GOOD: V10, high top EB, decent condition, power windows,seat,pdl, cruise control

THE BAD: ugly paint, very dirty, fuel gauge not working right, OD button not working,

THE UGLY: just look at it

DSC00174copy.jpg DSC00175copy.jpg

DSC00176copy.jpg DSC00177copy.jpg

dar395

Adventurer
Had to get my shades on for this one, great looking platform to start with and with a few minor changes to the outside it will look outstanding!

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
Originally I wanted a 10' srw box van but decided that a fiberglass high top would work. Watching craigslist for a while this van kept calling me back, I'm not sure I should have answered:sombrero: First things are to paint it, basic camper interior and make sure it is reliable. if I still like it then possibly a 2wd lift and 33" tires or TTB dana 50.

One sweet paint job! let us know if we can help when it comes to lifting your 2 wheel drive van.

Ironhead

Observer
Sadly lots of people are having their vans broken into. You may be further ahead to leave the paint the way it is to deceive the criminals into thinking its something other than what it is.

UHAULER

Explorer
Today I took the seats out, started to peel/scrape off the logos and started sanding it. My wife is pretty easy going but she doesn't want to be driving around in a safari wagon.

DSC00178copy.jpg DSC00179copy.jpg

UHAULER

Explorer
Finally, a little update. We have had a long, wet winter. Over 100" rain/snow.

I bought some moog cs880s front springs and bilstein shocks from fellow expo member FROADER a couple of weeks ago. they lifted the front about 2 1/4"
For the rear I just used some 2" blocks that I had lying around. For now the caster/camber bushings were adjusted using my old eyeballs until it goes in for alignment. Also took off the running boards and scraped off most of the decals. The plan is to run some 285/75/16 tires, I think they will fit with some fender/bumper trimming.

DSC00184copy.jpg DSC00185copy.jpg

DSC00186copy.jpg DSC00187copy.jpg

UHAULER

Explorer
I picked up the Tires and wheels from tirerack, 285/75/16 Yokahama's on 16x8 American racing wheels. Next I can start trimming the front fenders.
DSC00190copy.jpg DSC00191copy.jpg
DSC00192copy.jpg DSC00193copy.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online