General Grabber X3 sound off

Need new rubber for the taco. Looking at generals x3s. Their new and have not found much intel on the, from people. Curious about wear, performance on amd offroad. And just overall experience.

35xj

Adventurer
I'm getting ready to write a review in the next day or so.

Had a set for 10k 35/12.50/17 now on my dodge 2500 flatbed with four wheel camper. Just wrapped up an 8000 mile road trip. Drive from nc to Arizona at 60 psi. Spent a month in baja Mexico. At times aired down to almost single digits in the sand. Tons of very rocky roads at decent speed.
Could not be more happy! Quiet, remarkable wear so far on a 9600 lb truck, very tough sidewalks and tread.
Just put a set on my discovery last week

Stryder106

Explorer
I have them 35x12.50-17 and LOVE them. We've put them through rock, sand, mud, water, hard pack, washboard, snow, ice - and SoCal freeways. Very little noise, great wear (so far), and they "grab" in everything. Will buy them again when the time comes.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
How much different in snow/ice than an AT tire?

Depends on the rubber compound. That tire is very similar to my Cooper STT's that work great in Ohio snow. Isn't General Grabber owned by Cooper? I know Mastercraft and Micky T's are.

dman93

Adventurer
General Tire is part of Continental, not Cooper, though given Continental's lack of true offroad tires it's possible the X3 design or even sourcing is from Cooper.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
General Tire is part of Continental, not Cooper, though given Continental's lack of true offroad tires it's possible the X3 design or even sourcing is from Cooper.

That's a good point. I guess it doesn't matter with the way companies are working for each other now.

I just know that Cooper offers a cheaper version of it's tires under the Mastercraft tire, often with a harder compound rubber. And the Mickey T's are better suited to FL and the West coast, while the Cooper STT's are better in the Northeast. Kinda like how the Kelly Safari TSR is mostly a cheaper version of the Duratrac, with a harder rubber and regular belts.

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
I've put about 2k miles on them and they are great. Not a ton of noise on the highway, smooth and quiet [enough] on the side roads. I was able to take them out in some beach sand, mud and even a water crossing, which they did all admirably.

They are heavier at 35x12.5R17 than my 315/70R17 BFG all terrains, but that is to be expected, but not so heavy that it changes the ride quality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke