Jeep Comanche Trailer

Xtreme XJ

Adventurer
I read through that thread a few times "day dreaming" about getting my own Comanche :D
I dig your XJ/MJ combo. I wouldn't mind having a XJ to pull the trailer :safari-rig: :xxrotflma

I wouldn't mind having an XJ the wasn't on strike right now :mad:
I made the draw-bar extendable & removable so I could swap it to the back & pull it out if need be... I found the MJ springs too long do I relocated the spring mounts closer together & mounted O.E. XJ springs... angled the frame for a clean transition from the frame to the welded on front tongue... I need more time... and to not be so damn lazy... I'll be watching your progress...

gixxerphil

Observer
Any thoughts of mounting a water tank underneath?
Not at this time. I don't see being out long enough to need it. I do think it'd be cool to somehow incorporate the gas door into a water tank though.....but right now, it's not in the picture.
I wouldn't mind having an XJ the wasn't on strike right now :mad:
I made the draw-bar extendable & removable so I could swap it to the back & pull it out if need be... I found the MJ springs too long do I relocated the spring mounts closer together & mounted O.E. XJ springs... angled the frame for a clean transition from the frame to the welded on front tongue... I need more time... and to not be so damn lazy... I'll be watching your progress...
I hope you have plenty of time on your hands......this will be a slow one :D

Last edited:

gixxerphil

Observer
This is the only thing I've been using the trailer for. I'm just trying to see what I need out of it rather than what I want for it. Hopefully I'll get to test it out camping in the next few weeks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles