Mattresses

java

Expedition Leader
That looks like a good one. I like a layer of memory foam over whatever other foam. Feels better to me for sleeping on un level terrain. That one is like what I have going on but all one piece
Yeah its pretty nice, got the 6" version for three kiddo and the 8" for my wife and I. Only a few nights on it so far but it feels cozy.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Pilotamis

Observer
I have tried several... foam, memory foam, etc..., and when you need a fairly thin mattress to keep headroom intact, and enough density to not have your hips sore from sinking onto the platform, I have found by far the best is a pure latex mattress. They can be custom cut to your spec, they don't absorb moisture and are anti microbial... and come in 3 different densities (firmness). a bit pricy, but I value waking up feeling good... so I think it is worth it.., much better than the best foam... I'm over 250 and my wife is half of that and we both like the latex a lot more than anything else...

I know Bozeman mattress mill makes custom versions, i can vouch for their quality.... I sleep on it at home and in my expedition vehicle

I'm sure there are other makers around the country...

https://www.mattressmill.com

Sweet Jesus those are expensive! Guess I'm not going the latex route.

Iain_U1250

Explorer
We got an IKEA latex mattress on a slatted base, the bed is more comfortable than the one in our house. If you are living in your truck not just camping for a weekend, get the best bed you can, and make sure you have headroom over it, after all it is used for more than just sleeping :)

Badmiker

Zombie notice!

A few years ago we picked up a lovely wool duvet to sleep under and love it, until the temps get above 23 degC or below unreasonable it is perfect for us.

There are a lot of advantages to using wool as a mattress and I am wondering if anyone has a wool mattress in their vehicle?

john61ct

Adventurer
You would need an open grid or slotted base underneath, and very good ventilation, to prevent humidity from getting the wool wet.

Unless encapsulated in a waterproof cover like vinyl I suppose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles